• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Thoughts on the new ti plastic.

For me the TI plastic was just something else to buy to show my discraft love. Honestly though, the TI stalker flies just like my z stalker which is a good thing I guess. (consistency) It might be a tiny bit more stable but could just be because its brand new, not sure. And, big surprise...My TI buzzz flies just like my z buzzz, again good consistency, might be a hair less stable actually. (like in between my buzzz and buzzz ss)

All in all, if you have the stalker or buzzz in Z, there really is not much difference in the flight at all going to titanium. The feels is good I guess, but when your used to Z, your used to Z. From the aspect of durability, who knows... Z is pretty hard to improve upon from a long lasting standpoint.

In my opinion, I bought it just to have it. I didn't expect Ti to be the next greatest thing, I expected it to fly pretty much the same as my other versions of the stalker and buzzz and it does. That is why I love Discraft. That is Discraft consistency. BUT MAKE SOME Ti COLORS EASIER TO SEE!

I have a Ti Stalker & Ti Buzzz. Both great discs.

Is there really any need for a more durable plastic than Champ/Z, I mean I have champ discs that are 5 years old, and their flight has remained consistent since them broke in, and i throw them into trees all the time...

Do the Ti's beat in differently/better?

Nobody has beaten a Ti in at this point yet. That I am sure of. Anyways they are better because of the grip. This is essentially the same grip of ESP mixed with the durability of Z. It is great. Enjoy the plastic, it's fun but expensive.

Is the grip really awesome? I have heard people say it's too slick. I know we will get a million different contradicting opinions. That's life. I have an olive green Buzzz coming this week. I'm looking forward to tossing it into some olive green shrubbery and beginning my search.

I like the raised stamp as my thumb grip point. People who don't like the raised stamp for hold points have said they find it to be too slick.

I don't like the feel in my hands, especially the raised lettering. Just way too slick, at least it feels like.

I have a Ti Stalker & Ti Buzzz. Both great discs.

Nobody has beaten a Ti in at this point yet. That I am sure of. Anyways they are better because of the grip. This is essentially the same grip of ESP mixed with the durability of Z. It is great. Enjoy the plastic, it's fun but expensive.

I believe my friend has a broken in Ti Buzzz right now (he had two and wanted a less stable one). I bet he broke it in the same way he broke in his brand new glow Boss: spend an hour throwing hole 5 at Village Park in Sussex, WI. It what he calls a different kind of tree love.

I enjoy the raised lettering, i use the raised park that says discraft Ti for my thumb not the sig. Perfect placement for my style.

Is the grip really awesome? I have heard people say it's too slick. I know we will get a million different contradicting opinions. That's life. I have an olive green Buzzz coming this week. I'm looking forward to tossing it into some olive green shrubbery and beginning my search.

I haven't gotten to spend time with Ti yet, but threw a couple and felt up a bunch in the shop. It really felt just like GL to me, maybe just a tad less grippy, but still pretty decent. Sure looks exactly like GL.

They seem a bit slick in the cooler damper temps right now. (40s-50s) But I bet in the summer they will be nice and grippy, sticky, tacky, rippers!

i'm throwing a Ti stalker and buzzz currently and they're great. really solid feel, buzzz is really flat. i haven't seen one take a ding yet... might be indestructible.

After a month or two throwing Ti plastic, I have to say that my favorite so far is the Wasp. Those things are so flat and feel so nice. I'm carrying a Ti Buzzz right now as the disc to branch between my new Glo Buzzz and my fairly flippy second first run Buzzz. It reminds me a lot of the way a new Cryztal buzzz flies. Flippier than the Z, but not completely a turnover disc.

I'm excited to try a Ti Wasp. It might really be the beat up Roc that would made their mid line up complete to me. (Comet Wasp combo would be stellar).

But I've heard Big Jerm say the Ti Stalker is the Teebird discraft has always wanted.

Latest posts