• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Thoughts on the new ti plastic.

Subwire

Par Member
I'm thinking about picking up a stalker and buzzz but I'm on the fence. How are your guys experience with them?

Im an all Innova guy and I really like the TI plastic. I haven't thrown it but it looks awesome and its stiff feel is amazing. Now if they made some rocs in TI plastic I would be all over this.

Im an all Innova guy and I really like the TI plastic. I haven't thrown it but it looks awesome and its stiff feel is amazing. Now if they made some rocs in TI plastic I would be all over this.

As of right now I'm also an all innova guy and that's why I want to try these out.

I hate Z wasps and love my first run esp.....hopefully they do come out with the Ti Wasp i will be estatic.

It's Gold Line plastic. So if you've thrown Lat 64. You've thrown Ti! The feel is the same, unkn on durability since I've only field tested it (Stalker) a few times. Heck they even have the "swirls" in the plastic. Man, they must have a mole in Lat's shop!

Wasn't very impressed with my Ti Force. Not very stable for a Force, turned over into a 15 mph headwind that my Z will hold a nice slight hyzer in.

It's Gold Line plastic. So if you've thrown Lat 64. You've thrown Ti! The feel is the same, unkn on durability since I've only field tested it (Stalker) a few times. Heck they even have the "swirls" in the plastic. Man, they must have a mole in Lat's shop!

its similar to goldline, not the same. the ti has some nice pearliness to it along with the swirls that goldline has. it also seems more durable than goldline. ive been throwing my stalker for a while now and i could probably pass it as unthrown.

Wasn't very impressed with my Ti Force. Not very stable for a Force, turned over into a 15 mph headwind that my Z will hold a nice slight hyzer in.

thats what ive been hearing about the force. ive also been hearing the nukes are more stable than their z counterparts.

So question is buy a Lat64 GL River or go get a Ti? I'm going to say buy a Lat64 :thmbup:

So question is buy a Lat64 GL River or go get a Ti? I'm going to say buy a Lat64 :thmbup:

Buy the River lol. It's a fantastic disc, not that great in heavier winds though coming from the side.. I discovered that yesterday. I am not super excited about Ti... I would be interested in picking up a Buzzz.

I've been throwing the nuke, most OS nuke in the bag (besides the OS). The buzzz flies like a buzzz, no word on durability yet.

Alright I ordered a Stalker, for 20 after shipping. Lets see what all the fuss is about. No matter what I bet its not 100 cool!!! HA

I've been throwing my stalker and force for a couple of weeks now and I play on a course with lots of trees and really rough ground (rocks, stumps, etc) and these things can take a beating! I've had some bad experiences with lat64 gold line breaking in too quick and I can very confidently say I will not have to worry about that with these bad boys. I really like the grip on these a little more than the gold line too and I have not had the same problem with stability in my force that others have experienced...it's a hoss. The stalker also seems much more stable than its Z counterpart as I have rarely turned it over throwing it with slight hyzer or even flat. Can't wait to get my buzz this week and test that bad boy!

Ti and Goldline look the same, but IMO that's the only similarity. Ti has better grip and is a good bit more durable (so far). The only complaint I have is that Ti absorbs A LOT of heat when in the sun on a hot day. One of my stalkers is now concave due to warpage (Greenville, NC is not exactly an arid climate). I'm hoping this problem is fixed with the production run. The ones I have were from The Memorial and are fairly soft. I've heard the production discs are pretty stiff.

They're running the Wasp in Ti... so there ya go.

What about 06 claws, is that from the same run of special blend plastic or are they different.
dunno, just going by one that i owned/handled... had several Celtics and thought it was the best stuff ever. Ti reminds me of the glassy Star feel of those.

Latest posts