• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Thoughts on the new ti plastic.

If they sell well, and assuming their plastic supply holds up, seems logical they'd keep producing more molds, probably some non-signature models.

The sketchy early reports about stability (more beefy Nukes, less beefy Forces, flat/sunken top flippy Buzzes? meh) and the lack of bright colors are not that exciting. Still can't wait to get my hands on them though...

I just got my purple haze/colorshift Stalker from DD.

First impressions on the look:

Color is not as bright or pearly as I would have hoped/liked. The pearly I can live without, since that's just a bonus even for Latitude discs. But the colors on my disc, anyways, are noticeably duller than the promotional pictures. In the sun it may shift and look better, though.

Feel is...interesting. Not really ESPish...it actually feels kind of chalky in my hands fresh OOB. From what I hear though, it will slick up as I throw it.

Initially, I'm a little underwhelmed by the look and feel. But it was under $20 so I won't sweat the investment. Plus, who knows, it may fly amazing. So I'll hold off my complete judgement until I get it out on the course.

My Ti Buzz took a hard knock on a tree today and some moderate tree scratches. Ill post a pic later, but it doesnt affect the flight. Thank goodness I got 2 more. Flies nice though.

Ti Buzzz = Only Ti disc that interests me.. It passed the test. Discraft's Nuke will be cool for higher level players but of course I can't use it. In 3-5 years I hope to make that my max distance driver.

you and me both. i mentioned it elsewhere and somebody else pointed out that doss, emac, nor paige throw the meteor. i've been too lazy to look.

Whoever pointed out that Emac doesn't throw the Meteor is wrong. He has said himself he throws them.

I really like my "purple haze" Ti Buzzz I got from Doss. I spent a good 45 minutes throwing it with my 180g and 170g Z buzzzes as well as my 175 FLX Buzzz. It's a different animal from what I gather so far. My 180 Z takes a hard snap a lot better. But the Ti has a great amount of stability and workability when it's not totally ripped on. If I really crank it tho, it tends to turn more than desired. Anyone else have the same experience with speed sensitivity? I'm interested in how the Ti forces will perform. And I'm also hoping for a Ti Wasp!