• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Throwing question

dkoz

Eagle Member
Ok guys, I'm a Lefty and I have a question about finding a disc that can make the S turn for me. I throw straight and low between 280 - 320. My Discs of choice are the Volt, Amp, Vision, Inertia, leopard and Havoc for that meet hook. I play with a lot of guys that don't seem to have the snap that I do, but can throw just as far because there disc can S.........Help? Suggestions?

If you found a disc you like and flies straight, then just drop 5 to 10 grams on that disc and it will "s" for you. Going with a pretty light sidewinder in the low 160s did the trick for me when i was throwing with your power. One thing to remember is it can be difficult to get the full"s" when throwing to low, itll work best around 12 ft.

You're not getting an S with an Amp? With your power, if you give it just the right height, it should follow a pretty huge S curve. Or just try annying the Volt a little. I know where you come from though. My favorite driver is the Volt and I love throwing those low straight lines. It can be a little tough trying to adjust to throwing at different height angles.

Also wanted to point out, remember that the people who rely on those S curves too much have a more difficult time when forced to throw a narrow alley. That's where we rub it in their face. :)

Buy something with the last two flight numbers of -2,2 on it. Or something similar. Let the disc do the work rather than try to change your form and force a disc to do it. Atleast till you are comfortable throwing anhyzers well.

Nose up and/or you are throwing everything with hyzer. Throw that amp or Inertia flat and give it some room to work.

Nose up and/or you are throwing everything with hyzer. Throw that amp or Inertia flat and give it some room to work.

Agree that the Amp & Inertia should s-curve for you. You said you throw low, so try throwing them 15' to 20' high. Both discs should give you a high speed turn even with a slight hyzer release at 300'(ish) of power. Well, mine do.

Have your friends watch your release to determine whether you are putting hyzer on it unintentionally. Watch the flight of your disc, if you can see the top of the flight plate then you're throwing nose up.

Good luck!

Latest posts