• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thumber disc?

jtbingster

* Ace Member *
I want to work on developing my thumber, and I was wondering if there were any discs you guys would suggest using. Should I just use what I have?

You could use your overstable workhorse, if you dont mind it getting beat in hard.

If you are just starting, I always suggest a Banshee. Its capable of running with the big boys, yet easy enough to start with. After that, you can look at a Flck or xXx or some other of the most popular ones, but I have opted not to carry my Flick lately and just use my Z Pred Im already carrying.

i love my 150 esp flick for overhead shots. its a great get out of trouble disc in general. very overstable disc i use for hard turns and big skips also.

flicks are pretty popular for overhand shots, but i see people use all kinds. one person i play with throws wraiths for his thumbers with consistency and distance. i used a flx surge SS until i lost it, but it wasn't really for distance, more for escapes and threading a needle

Not trying to be a jerk, by the way. There is just a lot of info in those, more than I could share