• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thumbers & Tomahawks

D.W.G.

Par Member
When throwing these types of shots, what disc/discs do you find work and don't work??? I have fallen in love with a thumber on #11 at my local course, I use a Discraft Xs... This disc works great for either type, but I have noticed that other discs are too aggressive/over-under stable for these types of shots... Do you have "THAT ONE DISC" that you use for either a thumber or tomahak???

I like using my innova roc for my over hand shots. What I found helpful is to just take all of your discs out and throw them all and see what gives you the best results.

Firebird for pinpoint placement 250-325. The 09 Acerace disc for 100-200ft'rs. Usually I get the same reaction when using the Friebird, a minimum of one person on my card always say "wow, MY shoulder hurts watching that"

Firebird for pinpoint placement 250-325. The 09 Acerace disc for 100-200ft'rs. Usually I get the same reaction when using the Friebird, a minimum of one person on my card always say "wow, MY shoulder hurts watching that"

I have to agree. I use a beat DX Firebird for all my Tomahawk shots.

Holy sh*t!!! I barely get that throwing normal!!! :eek:

CHampion Orc for approach thumbers and get out of trouble thumbers 270' or less.

Anything longer then 270' I throw a Z Predator.

i also use a discraft x for tomahawks. lately though ive found a gateway illusion works very well. between the two it really depends on whats in my way, how far it is, and how far right or left i need to go to get around the obsticle.

I use a paper thin champion tee bird and can throw it almost as far as I drive....for whatever reason it just cuts the air better than other discs