• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

ACK. Somehow I didn't seem to notice this. Am I the only one who finds that a bit disconcerting? I mean I realize Innova is trying to push Gstar, but could their possibly be more to it then that?

I could see star becoming factory store exclusive for new discs

So, now that the Thunderbird has been out for a while, is anyone still impressed with it? I'm finding myself throwing it less and less. I'm thinking about putting Wraiths back in the bag in its place.

It's become my go to control disc over 375 ft. I've got a champ for when it needs to finish left and I'm beating in one of the swirly stars for straighter finishes and line shaping. Overall I really like it.

So, now that the Thunderbird has been out for a while, is anyone still impressed with it? I'm finding myself throwing it less and less. I'm thinking about putting Wraiths back in the bag in its place.

I love mine. It's the best disc I've found for a super stable flight with little chance of turning off to the right (LHBH throw), that will end with a decently long fade to the left. Most discs like that (super stable) end up dive bombing down super fast to the left for me, but this one will glide for awhile, making it great for big hyzer shots around a tree.

Also, I really can't tell the difference between star and gstar, at least in terms of feel.

I absolutely love my 168 champ thunderbird. Used it on a pretty windy day and she held up great in a moderate head wind. Definitely the more stable compliment to my Valkyries when a firebird is just to much beef.

Im trying to decide which one to try out between a pd and a thunderbird, which one has higher highspeed stability, and holds it for longer? assuming both are max weight and champion/c-line

The PD has a bit more HSS but the Thunderbird will stay on its line a bit longer and have a bit softer fade. The C-PD is more like a very well beaten Firebird and the Thunderbird is more like a....longer Teebird. I prefer to flick a PD and BH a Thunderbird.

All I can say is thank God they didn't really retire the FL.

No wonder those guys in marketing make the big bucks lol

in conjunction to this being related to the thunderbird (don't want to derail)

I think PMcBeth just added a PD back into his bag alongside a thunderbird.

The PD has a bit more HSS but the Thunderbird will stay on its line a bit longer and have a bit softer fade. The C-PD is more like a very well beaten Firebird and the Thunderbird is more like a....longer Teebird. I prefer to flick a PD and BH a Thunderbird.

I've actually started doing this more and more. The PD has become a really good forehand disc for me when I'm not throwing it on big hyzer lines.

in conjunction to this being related to the thunderbird (don't want to derail)

I think PMcBeth just added a PD back into his bag alongside a thunderbird.

He did say that it was in his bag, but for completely different shots.

Im trying to decide which one to try out between a pd and a thunderbird, which one has higher highspeed stability, and holds it for longer? assuming both are max weight and champion/c-line

The PD is a Better Disc Tyler... the ThunderBird is just weird and doesn't handle the wind as well... IMO I have both if you wanna try one of each. Doesn't Grady also?

The PD is a Better Disc Tyler... the ThunderBird is just weird and doesn't handle the wind as well... IMO I have both if you wanna try one of each. Doesn't Grady also?

he has thunderbirds, I threw a c-line pd today that was flat and had a super high plh. my buddy said it was his beefiest pd but I really liked it and it sounds like it will be much better than the thunderbird for what I want to use it for, mainly flicks

Oddly Star seems to get the nod for most OS from what most people have said.

How do glow thunderbirds compare to the champion and gstar? More overstable as usual?

I only have a glow Thunderbird, so I dunno on the comparison to the other plastics, but it's pretty beefy and definitely predictable.

I gave up on the JL champs, just not stable enough as they wear in, at least for what I wanted. The bowling green star I have is a bit domier and higher PLH, and is the perfect mix between my orcs and firebirds for some nice hyzers or to fight the wind some. I have thrown a glow but not much. It seemed to have a good bit less glide than the JL in my bag at the time, and was probably about the same stability as star.

Latest posts