• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tiger Woods 10 - Disc Golf....yes this is real

if you guys dont think this is going to get A LOT more players on the course in real life please send me some of the weed you guys have cuz that is ridiculous

Jesse B 707 said:
if you guys dont think this is going to get A LOT more players on the course in real life please send me some of the weed you guys have cuz that is ridiculous

i am not doubting that. We all know it will bring out more people

Jesse B 707 said:
everyone get ready for your courses to be clogged up with carriers (guys carrying 1 or 2 discs) all throwing 50 foot hyzers and wondering why its not as easy as the game. it is THE BEST BY FAR exposure that DG has ever gotten which is awesome, just prepare for the negative side too (noob tsunami)
This is already a big problem where I live, we even have a private course now for local club members and PDGA members because things have gotten so busy at the public courses. When I do go to the public courses on a weekend or evening, though, there are always those handful of guys that let me play through and want to know how I learned to throw or, more often, what disc I'm throwing. Most of them probably just keep putting with their Bosses, but I think some of them legitimately want to know how to get better. I suppose it will just be more of the same after people get their hands on Tiger Woods 10.

Is the game out for Wii yet? I went to target to reserve it and the card I got was like...6/18/09 release. The guy said it only came out for PS3 on the 8th :(

jnecessary said:
Is the game out for Wii yet? I went to target to reserve it and the card I got was like...6/18/09 release. The guy said it only came out for PS3 on the 8th :(
It's out now for the Wii, it's on Amazon for sale and you can have it at your doorstep tomorrow if you want. TeamTollandDG sounds like he already has it.

Jesse B 707 said:
MDR_3000 said:
Jesse B 707 said:
everyone get ready for your courses to be clogged up with carriers (guys carrying 1 or 2 discs) all throwing 50 foot hyzers and wondering why its not as easy as the game. it is THE BEST BY FAR exposure that DG has ever gotten which is awesome, just prepare for the negative side too (noob tsunami)

Kind of like when I bought Fight Night, then went to the local boxing club and got knocked out.
is this true or sarcasm? fairly funny either way

It was sarcasm.

I agree it's going to bring a lot of new players to the courses. What I don't agree on is, people are going to wonder why real life is tougher than a video game.

i remember before i had ever thrown a golf disc hearing about DG and thinking "FRISBEE golf how could that even be hard" i had thrown a grip of frisbees in my life and figured it would be a breeze......then i got out to the course with my new Aero and Orc and was quickly shamed

Fasteddy411 said:
My tiger woods 2010 wii motion plus bundle is coming tomorrow. I hope it's as awesome as it looked in the video preview.

ditto

$66 with overnight shipping, can't beat that. $60+tax in the store and the stores don't even have it yet. I called Target and they are like..maybe we'll have it by Thursday, not sure. I figure they can keep my $1 reservation, what a waste :(

jnecessary said:
Fasteddy411 said:
My tiger woods 2010 wii motion plus bundle is coming tomorrow. I hope it's as awesome as it looked in the video preview.

ditto

$66 with overnight shipping, can't beat that. $60+tax in the store and the stores don't even have it yet. I called Target and they are like..maybe we'll have it by Thursday, not sure. I figure they can keep my $1 reservation, what a waste :(
you gotta hit gamespot/game crazy or any dedicated game store, they actually get games on the day they are released big box stores usually have at least a couple days of lag due to using their own distribution system

Jesse B 707 said:
you gotta hit gamespot/game crazy or any dedicated game store, they actually get games on the day they are released big box stores usually have at least a couple days of lag due to using their own distribution system

gamestop/ebgames was the first thing I checked, they didn't have em on shelves yet either. I really think there were a few issues with the release of this particular game...i've never seen a game popping up at different places at so many different times. I mean I even bought the pre printed reservation thing for a buck at target which said it would be there on 6.18.09 Yet they are getting them later this week. I don't care, looking forward to the game. I used to be a tiger woods fiend on ps2.

damn it all the good stuff is coming out on the new consoles. the only thing i have is a ps2 and dreamcast and n64 and nintendo.

indication of a pivotal time in disc golf:

last weekend a family of three came in the frisbee store...
"we've been playing disc golf on our nintendo, and wanted to try it out in real life. could you help us find some inexpensive discs to start with?"
to which i replied, "AWESOME! i sure can! the internet thought this would happen."

i picked out stuff from the used selection and packaged/labeled them for each player.
Dad got a heavy Champ Shark and a heavy Aviar
Mom got a beat DX Shark (mid-60s) and a light Aviar
Jr. got a 150g DX Shark and a lightweight Rattler
Lightning Starter bag to hold it all
sent them to the most beginner-friendly course in town

i felt like i did something good for the world :)

Ted Damson said:

"we've been playing disc golf on our nintendo, and wanted to try it out in real life. could you help us find some inexpensive discs to start with?"
to which i replied, "AWESOME! i sure can! the internet thought this would happen."

i picked out stuff from the used selection and packaged/labeled them for each player.

My internet is talking to me :shock: Hehe.

That's great news and a good story :)

emiller3 said:
Was at Costco tonight, $53.99 for the bundle :shock: .

get burned me...

have a costco membership about to expire..2 hour drive now when i used to live 10 minutes from one.

*edit* worthless 200th post, should delete and drop some heavy stuff somewhere else on the forums.

Ted Damson said:

I was feeling kinda grumpy this morning, but after reading this, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks, ZAM!

Latest posts