• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tiger Woods 10 - Disc Golf....yes this is real

Yea!! the third disc golf game on Wii. This does look like the best so far. I bought the other two and thought they were crap.

That looks really cool.

I hope they finally get a Tiger game that works well on the wii. I've had the last two and the controls have been horrible.

TannerBoyle said:
So is this just a sub-game on the regular Tiger Woods game?

Yep. By the looks of it, you only get 3 discs. I wonder how wind will affect the disc...I'm afraid they'll treat a disc the same way they would treat a ball.

screw a bunch of that. why can't it look like a disc golf course instead of a ball golf course with baskets? Ain't no sandtraps in DG or rolling fairways. Where are the tight woods shots? Splitting trees, throwing from the shule, trick shots, rollers and everything?

Beetard said:
screw a bunch of that. why can't it look like a disc golf course instead of a ball golf course with baskets? Ain't no sandtraps in DG or rolling fairways. Where are the tight woods shots? Splitting trees, throwing from the shule, trick shots, rollers and everything?

I'll be happy if you can flip it flat or turn it over realistically, then I could stop practicing snap with a towel and get some real-time feedback in my living room.

I am reheheheally doubting the discs fly realisticlly. Probably curving to the right if you throw with anhyzer is about as far as that business goes.

The demonstrater and the commetator were obviously not disc golfers either.

Looks like it will be fun no matter what. It will be using the Wii Motion Plus so it should be one to one and perhaps fairly realistic. I would guess that a hyzer will stay a hyzer and an anhyzer will stay an anhyzer. I doubt it will fade back like an S-curve and I doubt you will be able to flip it flat or turn it over. If it does, I will be pleasantly surprised. I am also curious if you will be able to throw a forehand or a thumber/tomahawk.

Has anyone heard if that PDGA presents Disc Golf Wii game will actually come out? http://www.1000rated.com/2008/08/new-disc-golf-wii-game-pdga-presents-disc-golf/

Beetard said:
I am reheheheally doubting the discs fly realisticlly. Probably curving to the right if you throw with anhyzer is about as far as that business goes.

The demonstrater and the commetator were obviously not disc golfers either.

Ha! A Scrubs reference!

If you can make 15 shirtless drunk digital buddies to follow you around or a fat girlfriend then I am all behind this game. The less all stars clogging up the course the better.

I think the bigger picture here is if the game is fun then disc golf is going to be introduced to an enormous number of people. I'd like to know who is responsible for getting DG into something so big. I think DG on the ball golf course is cool because it helps a different demographic relate to the sport in a way that will make it easier to understand and have fun. It is also most certainly a marketing test to explore what kind of demand there is for an exclusive disc golf game. I've been playing EA Sports games for 15 years and the fact that they have created a disc golf game in any capacity is a real milestone for the sport in my eyes.

Excuse me, but this already looks lame. Only three discs. One at 150ft, at 75ft, and 25ft. Not very realistic if you ask me, even if you didn't. But to be positive, this is a pretty good attempt for ball golfers at creating a disc golf game.

I think the one created by one of our fellow forum discer is way better than this and I still only have the demo. Planning to get it when funds are available.

I agree, it's a milestone to have this game under EA Sports. A TON of people will see this and then it'll ring bells when they see it in real life. The disc throwing mechanism looks pretty good, but the physics look a little sad (the disc just bounces to a stop instead of skipping). I don't think it would make much of a training tool, but the exposure is a step towards that kind of thing!

Latest posts