• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tiger Woods Wii hits stores tomorrow

The Wii is fun, and Mario Kart is a blast. Don't have it, but have played it. I heard the DG game was going to have actual courses, that would be sweet. Supposedly, it is going to be releases shortly after the WiiMotion Plus attachment, which is now available. So, hopefully soon.

The game is called (from what I can tell) PDGA Presents Disc Golf.

Here's a video from tiger woods.. although you don't see a ton of game play. Looks responsive though.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/articles/983576/n-side-access-052209/videos/nside3.html

I don't think the PDGA game will be as responsive as the tiger woods game due to the motion plus, etc. plus the fact that it's going to be a community game. I'm guessing if the Wii version of TW sells well we might see an improved DG mode in future releases.

I just got an email from Frys.com that it had shipped this morning and will be in my sweaty little hands tomorrow. (just in time for the rains to set in!)

I just got an email from Frys.com that it had shipped this morning and will be in my sweaty little hands tomorrow. (just in time for the rains to set in!)
Make sure you use your lanyard. You don't want your controller to slip out and smash your TV.

it looks like the gamestop online preorders will be delivered today. hopefully when I get home it will be there waiting for me.

I'm going to drop by Target during lunch to see if they have it in stock.

Don't have a wii, but my best friend's wife does. Maybe I should buy it for her so I can come over and play. :cool:

So does Tiger Woods play disc golf? I bet he could really put some snap on it.

So does Tiger Woods play disc golf? I bet he could really put some snap on it.

The only famous person (including athletes) that I've heard of that plays disc golf (and of course, that like any rumor about celebrities is completely unsubstantiated and based on hearsay/Internet gossip alone) is Matthew Perry (you know, the guy from Friends? He still counts as a celebrity, doesn't he? A hasbeen at worst?

Well, and there was that episode of Seinfeld, but that didn't seem to do much in the way of exposure for the sport.

Conan O'Brien seemed like a natural when Feldberg was on his show...almost TOO natural, like he's played before, or has just thrown a lot of Frisbees in his life.

The only famous person (including athletes) that I've heard of that plays disc golf (and of course, that like any rumor about celebrities is completely unsubstantiated and based on hearsay/Internet gossip alone) is Matthew Perry (you know, the guy from Friends? He still counts as a celebrity, doesn't he? A hasbeen at worst?

Well, and there was that episode of Seinfeld, but that didn't seem to do much in the way of exposure for the sport.

Conan O'Brien seemed like a natural when Feldberg was on his show...almost TOO natural, like he's played before, or has just thrown a lot of Frisbees in his life.
Conan's just freakishly tall...so what would be a 30 foot putt for normal people is a tap-in for him.

I seen a special on ESPN about Ben Rothlisberger. And his sister was on there saying that they were pretty competitive growing up with each other and still now to this day. And she mentioned that frisbee golf was something that they played.

I childhood friend of mine Ryan Nyquist (a professional BMX rider who has won numerous gold medals in the X Games Dirt Jumping & Bike Park events. In 2007, Nyquist was named AST Dew Tour BMX Dirt Dew Cup Champion) was filmed DGing when he was featured on MTV Cribs (I believe) or maybe when it was Matt Hoffman since they live together. Either way I thought it was cool. He was a bay area boy so he must have played before at De LaVeaga.

Well I got a Wii just 2 weeks ago just for the occasion so you know I will getting it.

The question is, do you guys have Mario Kart? That my friends is more fun than anything.

You're right, it is a blast... the online play is just off the hook.

Just picked it up with the motion plus thing.. now I just have to wait for 5pm :)

Got it, played it & I must say it's pretty dern cool.....you can throw hyzers, anny's, sidearm flicks, overhand throws. You only have the choice of driver, mid, & putter but you can bomb drives 450+... my furthest (on a downhill hole w/ wind) 530 or so. Oddly enough the hardest shot in the game is the super short putt.

The Motion Plus add on does create a pretty real world feel to the game.....the slightest change in wrist angle does affect the flight path. I haven't played too much of the ball golf version but what I've played is pretty responsive.

Oh yeah, and there is a neat feature where you can "practice throw" before you throw and if you turn the mulligans on..... still waiting for the first ace.. :p

Latest posts