• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tightest fairways

You need to get out more. That's hole isn't all that tight, just long and straight.

The width of the fairway is 12ft all the way down.......I don't know how familiar you are, but.....its a loooong tight 444ft fairway.

I know there are tougher fairways to hit, but.......i mean.....dude, do you see the pic? (Im sure youve played it before, but still)

Hole #13 at Sontag DGC (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5524&mode=ci) probably has one of the tightest i know of. There isn't a decent picture of the tight part of the fairway online (the hole snakes through the woods and is jail on either side).

Next time I'm out I'll try to take a good picture. It's so tight that (it's a par 5, btw) that I strategically "jump putt" on my 2nd shot. Not at the basket, I jump putt to make sure I'm in the middle of the fairway for my 3rd shot, because if you aren't you may just end up with a 9!

I wouldnt consider #3 at Dretzka tight. Its just a regular tunnel shot here in WI

I agree wholeheartedly. #8 on the new 9 is tighter than that hole.

I don't have pics, but there are a few holes on the back end of Stony Creek Dgc in Fredonia, WI that are crazy tight.

Once that course is fully done its going to be one of the most challenging in the state.

You said it. #14 is nuts. Also #9, back across the creek. Once they're done with that place, it's going to give Rollin' Ridge a run for its money as the best course in the state.

The width of the fairway is 12ft all the way down.......I don't know how familiar you are, but.....its a loooong tight 444ft fairway.

I know there are tougher fairways to hit, but.......i mean.....dude, do you see the pic? (Im sure youve played it before, but still)

I've played it. It's very picturesque, but in terms of crazy tight fairways, it's just not.

Hole #3 at Rooster Rock East OR is the longest, tightest I occasionally play.

A hole at Buccaneer Park in Waveland MS had a tight fairway [with a dogleg!] carved from a peckerpole pine grove, but it was destroyed by Katrina.

8c91b8d1.jpg

a8de1e5d.jpg

Mississippi river park in St. Stephen, MN just north of St. Cloud has a mini BRP 4 signature hole. This is very very tight. Its brutal to get down the fairway cleanly but really fun hole.

Awesome looking hole.

Nevin park hole 7.

i was watching an old tournament there on YouTube and I think 3 of the 4 players on the lead card caught a tree.

Attachments

• 637a0afa.jpg
    637a0afa.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 112
The course with tightest definable fairways that I've played is Hawk's Landing in Eden, NY. I've played some wooded courses wherre there was a teebox and somewhere thru the trees was a basket.

One of the most interesting tight fairways I've played was number 17 at Roel Langerrak Park(sp?) in Rotterdam, Netherlands. It was under an overpass with the concrete pillars as obstacles.

Think I got you all beat hole 14 at Lyndon State DGC in St Johnsbury VT. The hole is perfectly straight about 300 feet.

The most absurd hole ever. That course has some great holes, but man does it have some awful ones.

Attachments

• 1003151033.jpg
    1003151033.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 159
Hole 9 @ Bradford Park

And my favorite Hole 17 @ Franklin Park

I came here to post hole 9 at Bradford. Really there are a lot of charlotte holes that are about the same width, some are longer. What makes the Bradford 9 so hard isn't just how tight it is, but the fact that those cedars form an impenetrable wall of junk if you are off the fairway at all. So any drive that finishes off the fairway is at least a 4 99% of the time.

Think I got you all beat hole 14 at Lyndon State DGC in St Johnsbury VT. The hole is perfectly straight about 300 feet.

The most absurd hole ever. That course has some great holes, but man does it have some awful ones.

WOW. What a dumb shot.

This is one of the tightest I have ever played. Hole #12 at Skyview park in Norfolk, NE. In tournaments they make the first tree on the right a mando to force you 406' down the pipe. I have 3'd it once. Worse than that a lot.

Attachments

• #12 skyview.jpg
    #12 skyview.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 97
Hole #3 at Rooster Rock East OR is the longest, tightest I occasionally play.

That was the first one I thought of too when I saw this thread. It's been many years since I played it, so maybe it's opened up some since then, but at the time it was a perfect example of what Chuck alluded to, where it ceases to be a fairway, and is just a "way." Even if you managed to hit the first gap, you still had no opening to speak of past that. Short of having a JFK magic bullet type shot, there was no real way to play the hole smartly, other than a series of chip shots.

Latest posts