• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Timber creek park Gloucester twp nj

Buchajs1

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I have heard that there will be a new disc golf course here. Info. Please:eek:

Is this the project in northwest Nj. It seems to have some real potential.

Southeast NJ. Here is one article about the course: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/08/04/timber-creek-park-to-get-disc-golf-course/

It will be an 18-hole tournament course. Final approval for the layout is being given this week I believe. This course definitely has a ton of potential.

Here is a quote from the course designer giving the latest update:
The baskets are being ordered today for Timber Creek from Innova, should be delivered in two weeks.

Went out this morning with John G Duesler Jr tweaking more of the design for the final approval. Possible 1st hole is a dogleg left field hole with an O.B. grass meadow along the entire left side, short pin: 455-ft. long pin 600-ft. If the design stays as is, hole 13 will be a monster, possibly 500-ft (or more) and within the woods. South Jersey Disc Golf is an up and coming force to be reckoned with, be a part of the 'positive revolutions' and volunteer some of your time to turn this course around as quickly as possible...I know we can do it!

They ordered the new Innova baskets which I have heard good things about. Add this to the newly opened Stafford Woods and South Jersey disc golf is finally starting to come alive :)

Work on this course will start in about two weeks. The layout needs final approval from the county and wencan begin work.
This will be a volunteer project, with 5 fields holes and 13 wooded holes when completed.
The county contract expects this course completed this fall, and that is tons of work in such a short time. Lots of volunteers and hours will be needed to make this happen....
More to come as we get closer

JB was talking about this when I played with him at Stafford. PM me and let me know when you need help (with either course).

If anyone wants to help out, there is a WORK DAY for the course this Saturday 21st, at 9am. Bring gloves, long pants, boots preferable, and any yard tools, rakes, shovel, hand saws...

See Facebook page - "South Jersey Disc Golfers" for more information

If I had a car right now you know i'd be getting up there to help. If Tim G is going up I'll go up with him, but he might not be especially with our tournament being on sunday.

FOr the next several Fridays and Saturdays, there will be work days at Timber. Just to get the course any where near done by the looming grand opening of Oct 13th, we will have to 'volunteer' damn near every day.

Please see John Duessler or Dave Meyers before working on the course, as John is the designer, and Dave has gone over the holes with John to know what needs to be done.

Please try to come out and help, as there is tons of work, and not much time to get it done...
thank you for any and all support!

Work day tomorrow Sept 29 at 9am. Trying to get some of the holes on the back 9 started. Bring loppers and hand saws. We're not allowed to use chainsaws at this time so we're doing it old school. Wear long pants bring gloves and some extra energy. Hope to see some new faces out there.

Great work day yesterday! Thanks to everyone who came out to help. Fairways for 11, 12, 13 and 14 are done. Hope to see everyone again this Saturday!

Updates from the happenings this weekend and the meeting today. Saturday we had a run in with a couple who were 100% against the building of the course in the park. After an attempt a some civil conversation I was informed that I was destroying their park and they would do what ever nessesary to stop us. Had another run in with them and they took a few 100 pics of us "so they could fill their FB page". I'll post a link but all the responses from people supporting the course were deleted.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/SaveTimberCreekPark?fref=tseted.

So much for an open and honest discussion with the opposition. After they left we had between 8 to 10 volunteers came out and got the fairways for holes 11 12 13 and 14 done! Great turn out and awesome effort by everybody! Today we met at the park to try to work things out but the couple opposed to the course refused to speek with us. They called a reporter from the paper to show township residents pictures of "the destruction of the park". We did meet with township officials who have and still support the project. I'll post after the freeholders meet to see if the work day is still on for this Saturday. Thanks to everyone who's come out and helped put in the course!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped with this course so far both in person and online. The coordinated effort to post the truth on their FB page yesterday was quite enjoyable to watch. These people opposing the course, who I had the displeasure of interacting with briefly in person, are seriously crazy. They have been deleting all comments that go against their agenda so that their lies are the only thing people see on the page. Keep posting positive dg comments if you can today.

As far as the course goes, I had the chance to walk 1-13 yesterday. Lots of work has been done and it is coming along very nicely. Going to be a long course with some really nice holes.

Latest posts