• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Timber creek park Gloucester twp nj

What happened to the thread in the General Discussion forum? Did Chris find that and delete all of the posts?

What happened to the thread in the General Discussion forum? Did Chris find that and delete all of the posts?

LOL. No, it was asked to be removed so that the Timber Creek nut jobs didn't stumble across it doing a Google search and read some of the more off color comments and counterproductive suggestions that would have no real bearing, but could be twisted into serving as ammunition for their cause.

I figured that's what actually happened. There was a lot of good info in there, but definitely some comments that although were made jokingly could have been used against the course by the propaganda loving opposition.

Fortunately we didn't run into any major problems putting one in at our local park. The most we got was "How much will it cost?", ""Will people use it?", "Are people at the park going to get hit by discs?".

We had to find sponsors for the holes to raise money, and had to make sure on the signage that the DGers had to give right-of-way to people on the jogging trails and elsewhere. Haven't gotten any complaints, so we've been very fortunate.

Subscribing. It'd be awesome if this went in. When I visit my family in NJ I always end up having to go to PA or Delaware to play.

there is a new course in Voorhees Beable. I play it as much as I can on the weekends when I'm staying with my in laws for the weekend

Tonight we had a meeting with the Freeholders (county committee in NJ, they have different titles)
Basically, we are on hold as they gather more information, environmental studies, state input...

Also, Freeholder Jeff Nash said that emails have shown support and opposition - so please email Jeff Nash <[email protected]> with you support of the course.

Please post this email on your local message boards as well, lets use that socail media to help out your fellow disc golfers, and get another course in the ground. Be possitive, and explain any disc golf benefits you see fit.
Thank you for your support!

Basically, we are on hold as they gather more information, environmental studies, state input...

Also, Freeholder Jeff Nash said that emails have shown support and opposition - so please email Jeff Nash <[email protected]> with you support of the course.

Please post this email on your local message boards as well, lets use that socail media to help out your fellow disc golfers, and get another course in the ground. Be possitive, and explain any disc golf benefits you see fit.
Thank you for your support!

From their fb page
Well, just as I predicted. The fox is dead. Hit by a car on Somerdale Road. If the area around the nest was not disturbed this would not have happened. The designer must be a real "professional", and probably very proud of him self.

I'm sure the fox would have never left the park.

Fox killers!! Does this guy have any idea how nature works??!! Remember this is not bambi and all the forest creatures do not get together for brunch. Is it sad that a fox was killed?, of course, is it unusual no. Maybe they need to get rid of the true culprit here and that would be the road and cars. I wonder how he is positive that this is the same fox that lives in the nest. Heck that fox has probably crossed that road a million times and this time his luck ran out.

Fox killers!! Does this guy have any idea how nature works??!! Remember this is not bambi and all the forest creatures do not get together for brunch. Is it sad that a fox was killed?, of course, is it unusual no. Maybe they need to get rid of the true culprit here and that would be the road and cars. I wonder how he is positive that this is the same fox that lives in the nest. Heck that fox has probably crossed that road a million times and this time his luck ran out.

I'm sure it wasn't the foxes fault. I mean cmon. The light was green so he went through the light.

It's also entirely possible that he found the dead fox 30 miles away and planted it near the park so he could make that claim. No, I'm not kidding. That's definitely something he would do. It is of course sad that a fox was killed but it in no way has anything to do with the disc golf course that hasn't been touched in weeks.

As for last nights meeting, great turnout! Thanks to everyone who attended. I emailed Freeholder Nash last night. Really important to show our support for the course.

It's also entirely possible that he found the dead fox 30 miles away and planted it near the park so he could make that claim. No, I'm not kidding. That's definitely something he would do. It is of course sad that a fox was killed but it in no way has anything to do with the disc golf course that hasn't been touched in weeks.

As for last nights meeting, great turnout! Thanks to everyone who attended. I emailed Freeholder Nash last night. Really important to show our support for the course.

I emailed him this morning and showed my support. perhaps we need to start the page again and have a bunch of people email him

I hope the course works out, especially since you already went through the approval process. But---

If we have a local park which we enjoy---say, a disc golf course---and someone else comes to the county advocating a new use for the park that will diminish the disc golf course, we'll put up a fight too. We'll probably make some overblown claims about tourist dollars, we'll talk about how unique that particular course is, we'll explain how we cleaned up that park, we'll attend meetings and call our government representatives. We'll also disparage the "new proposal" as much as we can.

Their facebook page is entertaining, but it's not that different than what we might do under similar circumstances.

Something to keep in mind as you go forward.

Damn it. They took down the post about the dead fox. Apparently, they realized how asinine that was.