• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tiny bags

wims

Double Eagle Member
I don't have a big arm so I don't have to carry distance drivers. I typically like to keep my bag really light, but a half filled bag is really awkward to carry around. I'm looking for really small bags that can carry about 5-8 discs. I just picked up an Infinite mini, just because it was dirt cheap. It haven't arrived yet tho. Have anyone tried it? Have anyone tried any of the other offerings in that market segment?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

For work lunch rounds, I use Infinite's Easy Bag, as bare bones as it gets. Without drivers, it'll break in to hold 8 discs. I've squeezed 11 in there after finding discs on the course. No drink holder, so get in and get out.

I have used the Innova Standard shoulder bag for years, and it is perfect for my game. I carry only 9-10 discs and a water bottle and enough room left to carry a stocking cap and a snack. I have tried other larger bags and they are just too heavy and cumbersome, and if I try anything smaller there isn't room for small essentials.

Many folks want a shoulder bag with that few discs.

Shoulder bags are problematic for me with back issues; even with a few discs, they pull on one shoulder and I end up with my back out of place. I do MUCH better with a backpack.

If you happen to me and like a backpack, consider the Upper Park Shift.

Easily holds 4 or 5 without being sloppy or heavy. You can cram it with 17+ but the design and light weight is good for scaling from 4-5 to 15-17 easily

I've been thinking about either the Infinite Easy or the Infinite Disc Slinger for a travel bag. Disc slinger has slightly more room and more pockets, but the Easy would easily fit inside another bag for travel. I think you'll do just fine with the Easy.

Here's one I like:

https://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Iron-S...qid=1646688159&sprefix=rogue+i,aps,187&sr=8-8

they also make a 14 disc bag.

The tough part about suggesting a bag for you is....what do you want the bag to carry for you? Just discs...okay, that's easy. But maybe you live in a very hot area like Arizona and want to carry two water bottles...that will narrow down the options. Or maybe one water bottle, but it's 40 ounce....that will eliminate a bunch.

Make a list of what you HAVE to carry and what you would like to carry if you could. Then look at our suggestions and see if any meet that criteria. But before you buy another bag, you should know what your bag will need to hold. (and if it needs to be a shoulder bag, backpack bag, or a cart bag).

I have the infinite holster for super casual rounds at my local course. My wife likes it also. It doesn't get in the way at all. If you can manage with 3 discs it's fantastic.

I also have the slinger(original, not deluxe). It is great too for the price. Well made, easy to carry and use.

I have 2 of the infinite bag that hugs them tight to your back like a camelback. They don't look available anymore. They are ok. I love the concept, and they are great for running or jogging with discs. It holds about 6-8 discs. I didn't like that I was constantly tossing it on the ground because there is no way to sit it somewhere. And I tried throwing with it on, and that's not happening.

My go to small bag is a nutsac now. 2 putters, 1 approach, 2 mids, 3 control drivers. Perfect for almost all rounds I would get involved in.

Was just looking at the infinite easy. Can't imagine a small bag better for the money. The rest of infinite's bags have all been great quality for the price. I might have to pick up a couple to go in my trunk. I keep a large tote of discs for beginners.

I grabbed a Voodoo Juju for like $30 a few years ago, pretty much gets used for glow rounds.

Excellent small bag for the money, has some padding, zipper pocket, and a decent sized drink holder. Looks like there are still some available on eBay. The Voodoo site has shown out of stock for a while, looks like somebody bought up their remaining inventory and is selling them on eBay.

I know there are cheaper small bags out there but for an extra $10-15 more I can't see any of them being as nice as a Juju.

Grabbed a Fossa Zoma a couple of months ago. It's a great little 9-disc bag. Stands up well with discs and water bottle. Shoulder strap is comfortable and the bag design carries like a messenger bag.

No real complaints about the Zoma so far. It does what it is advertised to do and not much more. Zippers maybe could be metal but for a simple bag it's actually alright.

played my 1st round w/this yesterday: https://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ripshot-disc-bag-right-hip (44")
good for a fast 3 or 4 disc round. not sure where they get a 8 disc capacity, maybe if you put 2 in every slot, but that wouldn't be practical for getting them in/out. the "bag" sits kinda weird on the hip; the slots are all sideways. i thought discs might come out on my power drives where i engage my whole body, but they stayed put (if i had the discs all the way into the slots). a few times walking after putting a disc back it did fall out, but that was likely because i didn't get it all the way in the slot; the top & bottom slots were problematic w/o 2 discs to guide another in; for the middle 2 slots i could return the disc while walking, but the other 2 i had to stop & use both hands to ensure proper insertion. it seems i couldn't really get used to it on my hip while putting cuz i missed many putts that i should have made (maybe my putting was just off).
i normally use a fade crunch box, & using it after using this hip bag made me realize how heavy that bag is (12 discs & lots of other things in the pocket).

I've got an old mountainsmith tour pack that's basically a step up from the above. They make compatible backpack straps for them. Will hold 7+2, plus 2 water bottles and has a zippered interior pouch.

Not the cheapest but a better deal than the Revolution mini.

This was the setup I was hoping for, but didn't want to bite the price bullet without knowing if I liked it. Plus, didn't know about the backpack straps. That has been my biggest complaint with the other, is the backpack straps are kind of junky.

My minimalist bags are either a Berg's Bags Satchel, which is a bit like a Nutsac. Holds 5-7 discs with a couple of accessory pockets. No drinks holder. Good bag. Probably only available in Australia, but not sure.

Next step up is a double Nutsac. Holds 10-12 discs and is excellent. Has a drink holder. Can get pretty heavy with 10+ discs and a water bottle slung over the shoulder. If I'm taking 12 discs and a drink I may as well just use my Upper Park Shift and take 14 discs :)

Another vote for the Nutsac, I have a single in green and a double in tan. The single is 9 years old and still my go to 4-5disc bag added the drink sling holds a 12-16oz cans great ;). The double holds 8-10 maybe more depending on mold and the attached drink holder is much tougher and can handle a standard nalgene.