• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

to all you NC disc golfers

3monsterboys

Par Member
so in september i will be heading on vacation to the outer banks, hatteras to be exact. as all disc golfers do i am trying to hit some disc golf in the area. is there any courses on the outer banks or do i have to go main land? i will be traveling from GA, i know there will be some on the way. right?

Yeah, any course that you hit in the Charlotte area are great... as well as some courses in Raleigh. If you come through the triad area try to hit Johnson street b/c it's money...

NC Courses

If you can squeeze it in Brackett's Bluff in Davidson, NC is great. Just north of Charlotte. Rennaisance in Charlotte is real good and challenging. UNC, Buckhorn and Zebulon in the Raleigh area are all worth playing. I haven't been out there yet, but Castle Hayne in Wilmington is supposed to be good, and there is a course in Kinston that I have heard is good. If you have the time there is a ton of choices so enjoy.

I think there might be some coastal courses in that area, but as stated above, a large percentage are in Charlotte and up near the universities in north central NC

Cedarock, UNC, Valley Springs are all pretty close to I-40/85 on your way to/thru the Triangle. Cedarock has Wellspring on the same site. UNC has 3 other courses nearby, some better than others.

Raleigh is a great place to hit up. There are a lot of courses to play. Each course presents different challenges. Go to the course directory and type in the zip code 27609. There are 18 courses within 30 miles. 11 of which have been given at least a 3 disc rating. I would recommend Buckhorn, Cedar Hills, UNC, & Zebulon. Fun and challenging courses!

Not sure about the Outer Banks or immediate surrounding area. From Atlanta--I think you will be driving through/near Lumberton, Fayetteville, & Rocky Mount, NC. Lumberton has a nice course(mostly open with plenty of water). Fayetteville has 2 tough courses that are a lot of fun (mostly wooded & tight). Rocky Mount has 4 courses within 3 miles of one another.

Have fun bro!

On the coast there is not much to sneeze at except Castle Hayne, which is a very fun, challenging course, one of my favorites anywhere. Kinston is also a blast, no surprise they are both designed by Harold Duvall.

I think it might help you to join my Yahoo Group "DG Course Reviews" and download my "NC Course Guide" from the Files section. It lists directions to every public and private course in NC. (I also keep the DGCR written portion of all my reviews there too.)

As far as course recommendations... there's nothing on the OB. Depending on your route, Farm Life in Williamston may be your nearest course. There's also a course in Elizabeth City at a park called Fun Junktion, but I haven't played it yet.

Courses on the way will depend on your route from Duluth. There have been some great suggestions. I'd add Winthrop U in Rock Hill SC. Renny is my all time favorite. I haven't played Brackett's Bluff yet, but it sounds really good. Cedarock and Wellspring in Burlington are great. It also depends on your playing level. Valley Springs in Durham is my favorite in the Triangle. But Buckhorn is really good and Zebulon is always fun. So many choices...

If you are taking 85 check out Rankin Lake in Gastonia. It is right off the exit and a pretty sweet course.

Bring your own partner or pick up one of the gay guys cruising for sex for a doubles round...;)

Oh wait I didn't sell that very well...it really is a nice course and no-one will bother you (no-one bothered me...maybe I am just not pretty enough...)

Just a warning if you are anyone else is planning on playing Brackett's Bluff. The owner of the course has recently changed it to being a membership course. Thanks to some of the same douchebags that trash Davidson College and Bailey Park, you now either have to be a member ($25 a year) or play with a member ($3-4 a round). If you are playing one of the scheduled tourneys no membership is required. If you need more info check the Charlotte Club forum or send me a PM.

That blows, I've had my eye on that course for awhile now. Why would someone trash a private course? Has the world gone mad? That's it, if someone sees a guy littering on a course you have my permission to kick his ass, Hank Hill style.

Latest posts