• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

To Gimme or not to Gimme?

Do you feel a gimme is part of the game?

• Yes, under 10 feet is an auto gimme.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • No, Make the shot if you can't reach out and hit chain.

Votes: 105 84.7%
  • I could care less.

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters
I don't think he's saying it was alternate shot, I think he's saying best shot, but they take turns on who shoots first from each lie.

Five feet was an example. I am relaxed, the point is why gimme at all? If its a gimme, then just putt the disc. Don't tell me you're in a rush and want to move to the next hole. Relax, play, have a good time, no need to rush. Make the putt.

The idea for a gimme is that if you do not have to walk one direction to the basket, just to drop it in and walk back the direction you came from. Sometimes its OK to let a friend pick up your disc.

That being said, no gimmes when cash is involved

i played in a doubles tourney today and my partner and i had a disc 5 ft from the basket and technically it was my partners shot since we were playing from my lie...but i picked it up and put it in the basket as my partner was allready walking to the next hole....and a guy tried to stroke me for it and caused a big scene about it.....WHATS UP WITH THAT?!?! it was pretty much a gimme, it definitely was in arms reach....

what a tool? if it was alternate shot i could see the cause of the "scene"..if it was best shot he is an idiot for saying anything..

NO "gimmes" ever! Two days ago I'm shooting a decent round and finishing up on 18. I throw my approach shot and it lands about 8' from the basket. It looks like it's a no brainer that I'm gonna par the hole and, in my infinite wisdom, I jokingly say "watch me 'noonan' this shot", and sure enough, I throw a good shot that hits middle high, just right of center and it bounces weird, hits the top of the basket, teters for a moment and falls out. Nothing is a given. Finish the hole.

Latest posts