• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

To the southeastern Wisconsinites, let's make it happen.

Dr.Hyzer

I reside in Burlington, WI.
There are a lack of courses within a half hour of Burlington.
I was looking to get a discussion going to raise awareness of this issue.
There are plenty of parks and empty parks that hardly get used for anything and are mainly just vacant. Like the park on browns lake. It's big enough for a 9 hole course easily.
Any suggestions or someone that I could talk to in order to get the ball rolling on this.
The Grey Fox in Silver Lake is basically what I consider my home course. Thank god it's one of the premier courses in the area. It's rated a 4 (excellent) by many trusted reviews ect ect. Along with it's little 9 holer making it a 27 hole disc golf park.
I moved out to Burlington about 2 years ago and there are so many people in this town that love disc'n. I was basically introduced to this sport by the guys that live here in Burlington.
The nearest course that are worth while are: Silver Lake-Grey Fox, Mukwonago- Miniwauken Park, New Berlin-Valley View, Kenosha, and Antioch. Those are basically the only courses within 30 minutes.
If you look at the gap between Silver lake and Mukwonago, it's about 30+ miles of nothing in between. It's the same from Kenosha to Walworth. Burlington is the perfect area to post up a 9 holer or 18 holer depending on how much support I can get. I know Terry Miller has designed a bunch of the courses in the area. So it would be great to get him involved as well.
Share your ideas or locations you'd think we be good.
Thanks

Not trying to sound rude, but instead of getting a discussion going to "raise awareness," you should just head on down to the parks department and run your idea by them. It'll help if you sketch out a rough layout to show them, too. A lot of the WI members on here know Terry, and I'm sure harr0140 would love to give you his input as well.

A good selling point to the city would be to point out that they are already paying someone to maintain a park just to look pretty, so why not put something there that people will go to enjoy? Also reassure them that funds are quite easily raised for new courses, so the city wouldn't necessarily have to foot the bill.

Did they ever figure out what to do with the abandoned Hillmoor CC on the east side of Lake Geneva? I haven't been by there this year, but last year it was all overgrown and begging for someone to mow some new fairways and put in baskets. Plus, I believe there is a lot of wooded land in the back.

Latest posts