• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

To throw in or not to throw in...

To throw or not to

• Never tee off until the previous players have holed out.

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • Hell yeah throw on those inconsiderate mofos.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Tee off when they are out of reach, maybe they'll notice and let you play through.

Votes: 47 56.0%

• Total voters
Playing through is not a right. If someone won't let you through, skip a couple of holes and start up again ahead of them. :)

Playing through without "permission" is just as discourteous as a group throwing at you.

I was in a group today.... playing for 10$ per head, winner take all...
and for "gold tags" and we had a group of two noobs throw right in on our card during the round.

We all held our tongues. Some folks chirrens... I tellu whut.

----

It is agreed that on a long hole it is okay to tee off once the group ahead is clearly far enough so no one gets their clock cleaned.

OK today I had lady standing on the fairway, so I waited for a bit, had a drink, toweled my disc, stretched, She is just there, so I walk out, shes got her back to me now, she cant hear me so I have to walk to her,
"Excuse me I say, this is the fairway, could you step aside for a minute?"
"Oh", she says, I didn't know about the frisbee thing. I was just waiting for my walkman to rewind."
I was floored- who has walkmans now?
I gave up the old magnetic loops years ago.
But most other golfers move it along...most...

I am proud of this poll, just wanted to say that. I am surprised how many have chosen the first option though. Apparently there are some very courteous people out there. I wipe off my monocle and salute them.

OK today I had lady standing on the fairway, so I waited for a bit, had a drink, toweled my disc, stretched, She is just there, so I walk out, shes got her back to me now, she cant hear me so I have to walk to her,
"Excuse me I say, this is the fairway, could you step aside for a minute?"
"Oh", she says, I didn't know about the frisbee thing. I was just waiting for my walkman to rewind."
I was floored- who has walkmans now?
I gave up the old magnetic loops years ago.
But most other golfers move it along...most...

I carry a Walkman, but its the updated version. Its only a radio with 18 presets, TV channels 1-13, and the Weather Band. Its only the size of a Pager, and I know some of you will not even know the size of a pager, because you never carried one.

I am shocked that anyone is still listening to tapes. Is this what she had:

Attachments

• Walkman.jpg
    Walkman.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
And we all know how sensitive those Walkman rewinds are. You absolutely must stand still for it to work right.

Oh yeah they did. I don't know what ever became of mine, hell I'm not even sure whatever happened to my Discman either after 2002. But I did manage to hang on to a handful of cassettes. Not a lot of good that does me though because my rack system tape deck stopped working.

Oh yeah they did. I don't know what ever became of mine, hell I'm not even sure whatever happened to my Discman either after 2002. But I did manage to hang on to a handful of cassettes. Not a lot of good that does me though because my rack system tape deck stopped working.

Here is a picture of the Sony Walkman that I now carry. They cost about $25:

Attachments

• 51Ojy-%2BkUoL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    51Ojy-%2BkUoL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
Playing through without "permission" is just as discourteous as a group throwing at you.

I was in a group today.... playing for 10$ per head, winner take all...
and for "gold tags" and we had a group of two noobs throw right in on our card during the round.

We all held our tongues. Some folks chirrens... I tellu whut.

----

It is agreed that on a long hole it is okay to tee off once the group ahead is clearly far enough so no one gets their clock cleaned.
the funny thing is most of the time after 1-2 holes your group of 6 will pass those 2-3 noobs while their searching in the woods , normally i help people i come upon search but not for those dbs.

I have to agree with skurf when he says it is proper etiquette to keep the course moving. I like it when I can walk up to the next tee, maybe watch the group ahead of us tee off and sit for a second, but on the long holes you can't wait for them to hole out...it would take a little too long, especially if you want to play multiple courses in a day.

call me a hypocrit if you want but i dont really think its cool to throw until after the people in front of you finish even if their out of your range , yes i voted for bomb on those mofos but that was only in those situations like the first post was describing or what i was talking about( Extreme db incidents).

btw i dont play any holes longer than 500 and most are in the 300- 400 so i can get it down there most of the time since i throw 350-375 but idont think that really matters i wouldnt want someone throwin 200 behind me just like i wouldnt want to make the person in front of me feel rushed and screw up there consintration . Im sure what alot of you go ahead and throw when out of range people are talking about as long holes are in the 700-1000 ft range not in the 400 or less catagory as i wouldnt suggest doing that in a tourney if you like being able to eat corn on the cob,apples, etc.

i dont play any holes longer than 500

I am always amazed how many Houstonians do not play Tom Bass on a regular basis.

If i lived near that course I would be there multiple times per week.

I am always amazed how many Houstonians do not play Tom Bass on a regular basis.

If i lived near that course I would be there multiple times per week.
if you played tom bass when theres not a tourney coming up youd know why alot of us dont play there , its like playing a swampy dove lease .

if you played tom bass when there's not a tourney coming up you'd know why a lot of us don't play there , its like playing a swampy dove lease .

I played Tom Bass twice, and I really didn't care for it. In less you have a big arm, and you like walking around in swampy conditions and grass that needs to be mowed, go for it. I just wasn't impressed when I played there. I know lots of people that like it and good for them. Everyone likes something different. My home course is Kingwood, and I guess that is why I like shorter, more technical courses.

Latest posts