• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] To what extent do you throw your putters?

Do you throw your putting putters

• Only putt with them

Votes: 39 16.6%
  • Putts and upshots

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • Putts, upshots, and drives

Votes: 153 65.1%

• Total voters
Ya, my vote is false too. Putting putters are only for putting. The title of the thread threw me off.

Yeah, I had to read it 3 times to make sure!

I used to carry 2 putting putters and another 4 for throwing. At the moment, I'm rocking my 2 KC Aviars for putts only and a D-P1x/Gummy Champ Rhyno combo for driving/approach duties.

I throw and putt all my Wizards, it doesn't make a huge difference for me.

I'm probably in the minority here, but they ALLL get thrown. I putt Magnets, Soft D to be exact, and the more beat up the better, in my opinion. I have one that feels like a waffle on top it's so warped and screwed up, but it's an incredibly invaluable disc in my bag. The rim is beginning to crack :(

I throw them all. Right now I have a Glo Z Zone for beef, a beat First Flight Breaker that has lost almost all fade and still has a 0 HSS which is awesome, 2 Z Glo FLX for stable/semi flippy drives and upshots, and 3 Soft Magnets for driving upshots and putting.

I carry ALOT of putters.

I do the 3 man cycle for my putting putters (besides the Zone and Harp). One new Judge goes in for putting putter, my old putting putter becomes my more stable approach/driver, old app/driver putter turns into turn over app/driving putter. old flippy one goes into stack of practice putters. Repeat every 4 months or so.

I have a putter just for putting, 3 others for drives & approaches ranging from us to os.

I will infrequently throw my putting putter (Zero Medium Pure) on drives when completely dissapointed with my initial drive with my relatively identical Zero Medium Pure. I try not to give my putting putter any additional wear and tear but sometimes I get pissed and will drive it hoping the entire time I don't smoke it into a tree.

the only time I throw my putting putters is when I'm just outside jump-putt range and there are absolutely no obstructions.

I missed that this was for putting putters too. I throw mine though. I chained out with it on my vacation actually. Flies great.

That's one of the reasons I love putting premium. My putting putter is going on 5 years now, and it's hit plenty of trees off the tee over the years. Still flies stable, no chunks or gauges out of the rim. I don't know if I could go back to having to baby my putting putter like when I used baseline. ****, I even strapped my putting putter to my sleeping bag and brought it with me as I biked 800 miles across the country.

I will infrequently throw my putting putter (Zero Medium Pure) on drives when completely dissapointed with my initial drive with my relatively identical Zero Medium Pure. I try not to give my putting putter any additional wear and tear but sometimes I get pissed and will drive it hoping the entire time I don't smoke it into a tree.

why would you throw your Zero Medium over your Opto?

I use my Summit to putt and also for driving. It is very versatile and I can carve may different lines with it. Soles are driving putters, so I use them for a variety of shots as well. Vibram discs beat in slowly, but I did just order a few more putters to start a rotation.

Bought a Fuzion Judge a few weeks ago to replace my Fluid Judge as my driving putter because the Fluid up and went flippy on me. To my surprise, I can putt really well with it too. So on my quick rounds, I just carry the Fuzion and call it good.

Other than that, my sole use putting putter is a white max weight Yeti.

Latest posts