• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toboggan 2015

Just played flip city and leviathan black this morning. All I can say is wow. Two great courses. Now I just need to play toboggan and I am happy for the week.
Flip is nifty. Leviathan Blacks are amazing. But, judging by the number of thumbs down on my Flip review (more than any of my other reviews) - most people would probably flip that script.

Toboggan is in! I'm playing next Tuesday at dawn. I'd be interested to hear a course condition report from anyone who's able to play today or in the DGLO this weekend.

Flip is nifty. Leviathan Blacks are amazing. But, judging by the number of thumbs down on my Flip review (more than any of my other reviews) - most people would probably flip that script.

I wouldn't sweat it. Flip is the #1 overrated course on DGCR. Anything less than a 5 star review will get a lot of thumbs down. I like Flip, but it was the biggest disappointment out of all the courses I've played mostly because of how hyped up it was on DGCR. Not even close to a 5 star course but you would never know it reading this site.

I wouldn't sweat it. Flip is the #1 overrated course on DGCR. Anything less than a 5 star review will get a lot of thumbs down. I like Flip, but it was the biggest disappointment out of all the courses I've played mostly because of how hyped up it was on DGCR. Not even close to a 5 star course but you would never know it reading this site.

Not sure about all of the above, but Flip is not a 5 star course, IMO. It is a ton of fun, very nice and a reasonable challenge. I would play a couple course in that area alone before Flip. But, if out that way playing, I would not skip it if given the time either. People do fall in love with it, though.

There are lots of courses out there like Flip. What makes Flip special is that it's the work of one man and he pours his heart and soul into the course. This is what all the fanboys are trying to reflect in their rating, I think... But the purpose of the site is to rate a course, not to rate the amount of work a person puts into a course.

There are lots of courses out there like Flip. What makes Flip special is that it's the work of one man and he pours his heart and soul into the course. This is what all the fanboys are trying to reflect in their rating, I think... But the purpose of the site is to rate a course, not to rate the amount of work a person puts into a course.

Truth%20bomb%20lt%20linen_preview.JPG

your mom goes to college

So about tobo.... What advice would you give someone if it's there first time playing it during a tournament round. I've played it a handful of time just never during tournament play.

So about tobo.... What advice would you give someone if it's there first time playing it during a tournament round. I've played it a handful of time just never during tournament play.

It's pretty easy to go bigger than you're really capable at the Toboggan. Some holes you can get away with it (especially after the thinning) some are still punishing. Don't bite off more than you can chew - throw shots you know you can execute consistently.

If you have time to practice spend as much time practicing approaches as you do drives. There are many holes you won't reach on your tee shot and the approaches become just as critical as the tee shots.

It's pretty easy to go bigger than you're really capable at the Toboggan. Some holes you can get away with it (especially after the thinning) some are still punishing. Don't bite off more than you can chew - throw shots you know you can execute consistently.

If you have time to practice spend as much time practicing approaches as you do drives. There are many holes you won't reach on your tee shot and the approaches become just as critical as the tee shots.

Seconded. A misplaced upshot can really leave you in a world of hurt here.

Flip was fun but no where near its rating. Leviathan was so tough but fair mostly. IMHO leviathan is the must play course. If you want to get a bunch of birdies, then you go to flip.

Was at toboggan this morning but too many people so I only played hole one and two and then went to Black Locust. That course is really fun and another must play. Not as much elevation as toboggan but still challenging from the long tees.

Flip and Toboggan both are what they are. By that I mean Flip is a place with a "cool vibe" in the middle of nowhere with some unique rock formations, decent basket placement, and many "birdieable" holes; Toboggan is a monster only let out for a couple weeks that is basically a big arm paradise. Toboggan is thought of so highly mainly due to its limited availability. (don't get me wrong, both are great courses).

A friend of mine who plays the course very well said that every shot must be aggressive. Be aggressive. Trying to finesse your way through the course will lead to a mediocre score. Throw within yourself, but, be aggressive. Ability to throw far, comfortably, really helps as well.

A friend of mine who plays the course very well said that every shot must be aggressive. Be aggressive. Trying to finesse your way through the course will lead to a mediocre score. Throw within yourself, but, be aggressive. Ability to throw far, comfortably, really helps as well.

Appricate it. What do you have to loose right!?

Still easy to lose a disc on Toboggan as trouble abounds for shots that get away, but much of the rough (particularly right side of fairway 3) is considerably more forgiving since the Russian Olive culling just prior to last year's tourneys.

Still easy to lose a disc on Toboggan as trouble abounds for shots that get away, but much of the rough (particularly right side of fairway 3) is considerably more forgiving since the Russian Olive culling just prior to last year's tourneys.

The report that I heard was that made it worse believe it or not, since new weeds have sprouted up in place of the olives.

Any reports from the front lines? Heard it was pretty crazy out there yesterday, as in lots of players. Here's one quote pulled off DGS:

"played the first 12 holes behind a 8 some with a dog and a 7 some that maxed out at 30 feet off the tee. #dontgrowthesport"

To be expected though. If I had the weekend free I would have played DGLO. That's the best way to experience the course anyways, with limited groups of good players, and spotters.

I played 2 rounds there yesterday. Our 3some teed off at 8:30am behind 3 other groups. Surprisingly, we passed all 3 groups by the 5th hole due to them looking for discs and letting us play through (Thanks!). Then it was open holes all the way. We're not that great, but we can hold our own, and amazingly found all of our stray shots fairly quickly. Took us 2.5 hours to play the first round. The second round was a little slower, but managed it in 3 hours. Traffic seemed to move pretty good on the second round, and, again, we were allowed to play through quite a few groups.

I definitely think removing the Russian Olive made the course much easier. I played it last year after the removal and was amazed how many more lines there were, and how many disc were saved. This year, the same. Our errant shots were easily found where the old bramble would've eaten them alive. Our 3some did not lose a single disc. Last year we lost 1, the years before the olive was removed, we averaged 2 lost per round. And, again, we're not that great. I shot 77 then 75.