• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

took a 3 year break

rcracer757

Birdie Member
Not really sure why? I guess just lazy for the most part. I played very few times the last 3 years. I kind of feel bad about it since, my son loves to play. He was 5 and had no other kid to compare himself to at the time and I was going through a divorce. Last year I found a Jr tournament to enter him into and he killed it with out much practice at all. This year we have been going out like crazy and he is 8 years old now. The funny part is we usually do 10 holes at our local course that has 24 holes. He is now only 2 behind me. Then again I have not been very good, maybe not even average. I shot a +3 while he had a +5.

Not sure if there are other tournaments I can get him into since, I know I am no where near good enough for myself to play in them.

I will be updating my profile to include some recent videos of my son and as well as some of his younger brother who is doing pretty good for a 5 year old.

Sounds like you had more important things to think about.

I'm an empty nester with lots of time for DG.

With your kids being hooked, what vould be better?!

Sounds like you had more important things to think about.

I'm an empty nester with lots of time for DG.

With your kids being hooked, what vould be better?!

Yes, it is a great time and gives us all something to do that seems to be better then video games.

I had a 4 year hiatis...just got back into playing last summer. I'm still kicking myself wondering why I stopped completely...I love playing!

I have for all intents and purposes, stopped playing DG.
Maybe I'll pick it up again, maybe I won't...

I had a 4 year hiatis...just got back into playing last summer. I'm still kicking myself wondering why I stopped completely...I love playing!

Yeah I am getting back into it myself. Maybe it is the love my son has for the game that has been rekindling my own desire to play again. I mainly let him play, but will trow a few from time to time.

I am just getting back after a 2 year hiatus. Irritating when Life happens. But, my kids started asking if we could go throw and now the 3 of us are back on track. Congrats, btw!