• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Took the One Step Backwards. Waiting for the Two Forwards...

HtownDger

About a month ago, my throws averaged about 330', but I had been stuck on that distance for a couple of years, despite practicing in an open field 2-4 times weekly. So, I decided to take a step back and relearn the throw properly using the shoulders and legs (my previous technique was just to strong arm the disc). My D immediatly dropped to a 270' average, and I am unable to touch my previous distance marks. I have yet to see any improvement in my drivers, however, I now throw my Aviar P&A 275' on average (yes, that's farther than my drivers). This is a huge improvement over the 200' marks I maxed out with my putter using with my old technique.

While I am incouraged by my drastic increase in "Putter D", I'm discouraged by my inability to touch that distance with my drivers. Oh, and I don't think the problem is with a nose up release, as my usually flight path is flat, low, and short. Any ideas?

if you can get your aviar putters that far, sounds like you have reduced a lot of torque in your throw that is usually caused by strong arming.

if you are throwing older drivers, i would recommend working on utililizing a slightly higher trajectory that will give more air under the disc and allow it to glide for a full flight path.

the other possibility is to work on your finish/follow through. while 80% of the throw should be nearly effortless with most of the work coming from the legs, the follow-through should be strong and conscious.

Latest posts