• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toot your horn!

if were on the topic i hit metal for a fariway ace on a 720'er after parking the second throw during the first round..., mabey I will be the first to birdie this monster (its a new course)

TDK, you need to get off the juice... I already had to suffer by you tearing my Wizard in half when you missed your 40' putt...

slightly down hill, pretty open (baskets sourrounded) first round crushed an avenger into the middle of the field (about 420 out there). had a tree to the right of the basket keeping me from fading in, threw my understable wasp right at it, it didnt fade, landed right behind the basket (like a couple feet). second round same thing, a 300' wasp toss just managed to doink it off the bottom of the basket.

(edit on last post, I looked at the map its 720' in that position, I was thinking that i couldnt have crushed my drive 460', but my second shot was a wasp, and it wasnt a 370' wasp toss either...), I thought it was the longest, becuase one was at 770, but it was a different hole, either way I am still pretty excited to get 720' there in two, for two pars.

I would normaly post this but I hit metal twice in one game at Freelander Park in Wooster Oh. Ive never had an ace so it was pretty cool for me.

golden gate park's first 12 holes are in the ground! holy moly it's like seeing a ghost... been 9 months without my home course.
at the moment it's in for preperation of the 'safari' tourney... hopefully it just stays as the permanent installation should happen a month from now anyways. oooooooh... please stay in the ground!

i signed up for my first tounry ever as an intermediate AM. it was a 4 round, 2 day tourny at a fairly hard course. i had no idea how i compared to the people in my area, and i thought it would be a nice learning experience. Turns out i was 6 strokes behind the winner of advanced am, while i won intermediate. i walked home with a CTP prize as well as the first place prize giving me:

- a skillshot basket
- a tourny stamped full color spectra
- a full color mini
- 3 cryztal buzzes, one being a trophy stamp
- an innova towel

I also was the only person in the tourny to get an ace, however i forgot to pay the 2$ ace pool, which would have given me back 130$. that would be a nice payout for my first tournament eh?

Duced a 400 foot hole. :D tunnel shot drive. It felt amazing. about 340' drive. With a 60 foot putt. I seem to do better on my long putts than 20 footers :?

I managed to par hole 18 at my local course (849ft). My drive was money, my second shot set me up for a 200 footer. By the grace of god I smashed the centre of the chains with my buzzz and it stuck. If it didn't stick I would have probably been 100 feet past the hole hoping for +2. I shot +6 which isn't too bad for McNaughtin park in Pekin IL.

On a sidenote Womens Worlds is going to be at my home course (mcnaughtin) at the end of the month. I'm stoked to go and watch, also to see who else shows up (discraft, innova, gateway, ect.).

Beat up those chains!

Hit another ace at Pinchot last night during the club's tag round.

It was hole 12 this time, 225' tightly wooded with a mando and dogleg right.

My 49 was also good enough to retain the top tag.

presidio hills said:
golden gate park's first 12 holes are in the ground! holy moly it's like seeing a ghost... been 9 months without my home course.
at the moment it's in for preperation of the 'safari' tourney... hopefully it just stays as the permanent installation should happen a month from now anyways. oooooooh... please stay in the ground!
I saw you're first round rating and I think I may need to toot your horn for you! A 989 is damn good.

Weebl said:
I saw you're first round rating and I think I may need to toot your horn for you! A 989 is damn good.

oh thanks for tootin' for me, man. for whatever reason it felt really easy when i shot it... i think i was just playing smart. the second round i was on the leader card and made just enough mistakes to sort of blow it... all the sudden disc golf was hard again. i feel like playing more tournaments is making me a much better player, though. so it's comin' along.
man, the safari was a blast. every card i was on was full of really cool people and i finally got some script (just barely).

oh yah, and our course is gone again. hopefully in the next month we'll start building it for real. then i'll toot my horn again.

presidio hills said:
man, the safari was a blast. every card i was on was full of really cool people and i finally got some script (just barely).
That's awesome, congratz on the cashing out! When the SF course opens for real I'd like to play it. The Oaks sure does get boring after a while... 3 things; lots of Wind... always, 14 holes >380', 16 of the 18 are hyzers.

Looking at a start TL in the shop today, and my friend walks in and goes "Hey, I have one of those, and I hate it! It's yours for $5." I check it out, it's PRISTINE...so, a basically brand new star tl for $5! That was my day. But yesterday I got myself a first run ESP surge and champ roadrunner for $15

Latest posts