• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toot your horn!

two years ago at a glow in the dark doubles event I hit back to back aces...

Does that count? :D

the bad part was we were down like 6 strokes and the other team deuced both holes so we still only got a two stroke swing for back to freekin back aces :shock:

Hit an ace in a dubz tourney on the 2nd to last hole. Other team went ob on both shots and took a 4. The three shot swing gave us sole possesion of 2nd place by 2 strokes, needless to say it was key. Hmm i had forgotten about that ace till just now, usually tell people i have 2 career but aparently it is 3.

Found snap today...
1. Sound, i never heard any throws of mine before make this noise. Pure air penetration.
2. Insane speed, even for slower discs like Rocs
3. Noticable lift when flattening a hyzer.

Something I noticed is discs that are not true stable flip easier, but my teebirds and Rocs just need a tad more hyzer and are lazers.

My dad and I went out to a football field today to just throw some discs around.

Well, I picked up my old champ teebird I found and just gave it nuts on a forehand. The thing did the most beautful s-curve I've ever seen, and landed 400' away.

My face was :shock: the entire time.

teebirds arent bad for forehand at all, you always know theyre coming back (new dx or champ/kc)
My main forehand disc is a broken in KC pro (candy). I can get it to about 325 golf d

Was this morning! Played Johnny Roberts. For you non-Denver folks, it's a short course but tight with a creek through the middle and punishes mistakes unmercifully. My previous best was +1. I'm sure the experienced players like twmcoy and thatdirtykid have posted some amazing scores of -9 or better but, other than ththe +1, I've been anywhere from +4 to +8 most of the time. Today I threw a -5!

That's right, beat by best score by 6! Yes, by 6! Incredible.

Everything went right. :) #15 goes over a bend in the creek with a choice of 2 small holes in the trees that you have to thread your disc through to get your disc up onto a flat open space. From there you can just ease your disc down to the basket next to the water. More often than not I miss the initial gaps, bounce off the trees and wind up wading.

Not today. Today I managed to miss the gaps completely and my disc was headed towards the right hand (wrong) bank of the creek where it would surely hit something and drop into the water. Nope, hit a tree and bounced almost 90 degrees left, still gliding and wound up near the top of the bank, in the gap between the trees, with an easy layup to the basket. Needless to say I didn't push my luck and try to run the putt but went for the layup and the par. Crazy lucky!

In addition to that one piece of incredible luck I just kept throwing everything right where I wanted to and made saving putts when something was off by a little. This was one of the rounds we live for!

Hit my first ace yesterday on hole 4 at my home course, Spring Lake Park. 378 ft slight downhill, but it plays about 340-345 it seems. I normally throw a long hyzer to get there but lately I have been experimenting with anhyzers with overstable discs. I threw my star teebird with about 10-15 degrees of anhyzer and it flexed back and slammed right into the chains. Never in my life I would have imagined that would happen.

Expo_Bill said:
I'm sure the experienced players like twmcoy and thatdirtykid have posted some amazing scores of -9 or better

you were about on on that, my best score there has been a -9, however that was only good enough to be the 4th lowest score at tags that day (i left w/ #40!) that course is not too hard to throw well on, if youre on, that was my comeback round after throwing a -1 the week before, leaving w/ the highest tag ive held. (#89?)

Congrats on the round, honestly I am quite happy leaving there under par and with all the plastic that came with me... (that creek can eat discs up)

Hit an ace on monday, bounced off a tree branch above the basket, my 3rd one for the same wizard. =P 7 people in group, $25 in my pocket. (I owed a guy $5 and another got an ace yesterday while I was playing with him)

superq said:
two years ago at a glow in the dark doubles event I hit back to back aces...

Does that count? :D

Back to back, in the dark? Damn right it counts! You're my hero! : :D

That is, without a doubt, the most amazing thing I've ever heard in DG.
Except, maybe, for this 726 ft Ace:

http://www.motodom.com/BrentBell.htm

On the 18th hole, during a tournament, no less.

before i look Im geussing it happend at diamond x? (montana, you throw off the end of a cliff)

edit: yay I was right, bet he would have been no where close if he threw anything faster than that polaris ( because it would have faded sooner. When I make it there I cant wait to huck a beat teebird off that cliff...

Today I won the Conrad Weiser Lid tournament for the fourth year in a row. Today's margin of victory : 14 strokes.

roadkill said:
Today I won the Conrad Weiser Lid tournament for the fourth year in a row. Today's margin of victory : 14 strokes.

congrats!!! i heard that they need to make that course permanent.....

42 people turn out is a good time!!!

congrats roadkill!!

It is one of the prettiest parks I've ever been in (and I've been to several hundred). Also one of the best courses. Unfortunately I doubt it will ever have a permanent course because of it's historical significance.

Robin Billing won the disc division by 2 or 3 strokes over Linc Morgan.

Latest posts