• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toot your horn!

Aswome. I had a decent weekend for tourneys too. I tied for 7th in my first sanctioned event, b tier. Sad thing is I could have played much better, but I bet they all say that ;-). (honestly I missed more than enough 15' putts :evil:

adv. http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=5965
I had played one other advanced tourney before and got 3rd in a field of 20 or so? today it was just over 30.
Without missing anything inside 15 I would have been right in the race for 1st... My mental game kinda got messed up with some less than curteous people, and just let everything get to me for a while to long :-? oh well, now I really know what I need to work on before the next one.

nice job, you killed the last round. Man they are pretty quick at getting results on there and getting them rated. The results of the last tournment I played on Sept 30 are still not even up much less rated.

none of that is official, its the registration list, I dont know how to get to them from the pdga site, but there was a link from our clubs homepage.
It will probably be a couple weeks (or until the next update?) before anything offical goes up.

If you go to pdga.com and go to pdga tour on the top and find the tournment it shows the results yet the one I did is still blank so I assume my TD hasn't sent it yet :( .

I suppose it is there, they are still unofficial, but Im not sure if they will change much once they are. And that stinks having to wait like that :-? our scores were up for the first two rounds hours after the first day was over.

EDIT: and about tearing it up that last round I think I played best in the second, although I only threw an even par, the course was set up with quite a few holes over 500', the wind started to come into play, and the best round in advanced was only -1. While that 4th round the best score I believe was -7, accually thrown by the guy I tied.

I got my first 400ft drive this weekend on hole 13 (420ft) of the UNC disc golf course. The hole is kind of downhill though.

dj02_tar_13.jpg

My drive landed to the left of the trees ~20ft from the basket. I then doinked the putt off the bottom part of the basket. :lol:

Disclife.com did a video drive study on this hole. Here's the link: http://www.disclife.com/dj020415a.shtml

I wish there werent two UNC's I go to UNC (university of northern colorado) and the UNC w/ that amazing course is North Carolina :-(

I threw my first throw of about 500 ft. I did have a HUGE tail wind though. Usually 400 is about average on this hole for me. #8 at Kimball Pines in Battle Creek. It's always been one hole I can open up on. It's about as wide open as you get at this park. It was with a 169g Champion Edition Valkyrie. This disc has always been my best flying disc. Still only got a 3, but it's nice to do that when I have some people on 5 coming at me and see my throw it and get a few compliments.

shot a 54 at Sinnissippi Park in Sterling :D . personal best so far.
anyone have any idea what rating that would be? im guessing it would be roughly a 960, if the SSA is 50 and 10 points a shot taken away from 1000, and from my experience that would be great. I tired looking for the SSA on the PDGA website but all the tournaments that were played here played 24 holes. So I divided the SSA by 24 and then multiplied by 18 to see what it would come out to if it were a 18 hole tournament, and it was about a 50 SSA. Anyone else played Sinnissippi?

According to the SSA's my personal best round at my course is 1000+. I shoot 1000 rated rounds there probably twice a month.

Now if I could do this at other courses or more importantly in tournaments...superword.

my PR would be rated around 1000 at most course, however my average round is around 970, and my tourney rounds average 950 :roll: (emporia here I come, w/ my putting back on!)

My highest rated SSA during a pdga event was 1022. I'm sure some of my practice rounds would've been much higher.

I had TWO second throw aces during my round today and chained out for a real ace today! I wrote my name on the sign posts toward the very bottom with (second throw) below it 8)

One of those rare extremely lucky rounds I guess.

Terrence said:
I had TWO second throw aces during my round today and chained out for a real ace today! I wrote my name on the sign posts toward the very bottom with (second throw) below it 8)

One of those rare extremely lucky rounds I guess.

Soooo you're one of those guys who grafittis course equipment following an ace.

We have a problem with that at our local course. People write their name and date on the yellow band of the basket when they ace. I'm sorry but this does constitute vandalism. We have one basket that's a pretty short (180') hole and a rather "easy" ace. We have to repaint the band on this basket several times a year because after 7 or 8 yahoo's celebrate their ace by writing on it with sharpies it really degrades the course.

I'm not trying to bust your balls or be nitpicky but writing on course equipment is not cool no matter how small or insignificant you think it is. Where this becomes a real problem is when the next person sees your celebratory signature and somehow thinks it's okay and adds his own and before you know it you got sharpie signatures everywhere and your pristine park is starting to resemble the bathroom walls at a truck stop.

ace's are written on the back of the handbill board....keeps it neat...

Mikesoft:
It's always been tradition to mark the sign post at my course. I'm involved with the league and I volunteer my labor to keep the grass mowed in the summer. I even carry an empty bag with me during casual rounds to pick up beer cans. The organization here is entirely non-profit. All the baskets and concrete tee pads were funded by donations and tournements.

It's never been seen as vandalism here, I was playing a round with the MCDGO president and he hit an ace and marked the post, however, I understand your position and I will keep that in mind when playing any other course.

We used to have a couple discatchers that were full of sharpie writing too. Stuff like "Double bogey 4/24/99" all over the band. It was ugly. Now damn near every hole has a Chainstar which can't really be written on.

Terrence said:
We used to have a couple discatchers that were full of sharpie writing too. Stuff like "Double bogey 4/24/99" all over the band. It was ugly. Now damn near every hole has a Chainstar which can't really be written on.

In my mind writing is writing. "Ace 4/24/99" is no less ugly or more acceptable than "double-bogey 4/24/99" And the location has little bearing either whether it be on the discatcher, on the sign post or on the teepad it is still equipment that no one has a right to write on.

I applaud you for your donated time and effort to mow grass, pick up trash and participate in the growth of the sport. However I think such sacrifices don't make the writing on the signpost anymore acceptable. Your participation in signing the post just condones and encourages more grafitti. The overwhelming majority of baskets, signs, and teepads are typically paid for by donations by individual golfers as well as disc clubs and fundraisers, but unless the course is located on someone's private property no one has the right to be making marks on baskets, signs, pads, etc.

roadkill said:
Terrence said:

In my mind writing is writing. "Ace 4/24/99" is no less ugly or more acceptable than "double-bogey 4/24/99" And the location has little bearing either whether it be on the discatcher, on the sign post or on the teepad it is still equipment that no one has a right to write on.

I applaud you for your donated time and effort to mow grass, pick up trash and participate in the growth of the sport. However I think such sacrifices don't make the writing on the signpost anymore acceptable. Your participation in signing the post just condones and encourages more grafitti. The overwhelming majority of baskets, signs, and teepads are typically paid for by donations by individual golfers as well as disc clubs and fundraisers, but unless the course is located on someone's private property no one has the right to be making marks on baskets, signs, pads, etc.

I'm glad I saw this 'cause I didn't know people felt this way. I will be sure not to write anything on anything if I hit an ace off my home course...

...but if any of you are in Traverse City, MI and hit an ace at Hickory Hills...WRITE THAT SHIT DOWN ON THE POST.

Latest posts