• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Courses of 2012!

Paid courses in top 10 for 2008 - 0 of 10
Paid courses in top 10 for 2012 - 7 of 10

Discuss.
A course can have a lot of cool stuff when it has a revenue source that isn't derived from a shriveling pool of tax dollars. A user fee also helps weed the riff-raff players out. Pay to play works. Enough said.

ive played 5 of the top 50.

I said this was coming two or three years ago (it just took a little while for the "travelers" to get in the review mix). It just makes sense. Die hards play disc golf, partially to get away from crowds. This has always been one of the allures of the sport. This is the same reason that a well organized group of locals can shut down a course design....because they want the park to themselves....

Private courses, can also, of course, make the design any way they want, and are not subject to the restrictions of public layouts. Privates also allow for destination events; and staying overnight and such. You also, often get to meet the owners/designers. Imagine how many bolfers would love to meet Pete Dye (sp?) or Jack Nickolaus; etc.

if you put a basket next to a dumpster you'll get your course in the top 15

HAHA I love IT!!! That CHU course is SO overrated its sickens me. I hit chains on that hole off the dumpster plus we had students that wouldnt move for that stupid hole swished in between the parking lot and the dorms. I wanted to like it more but after seeing all the BS reviews I dislike it even more.

A course can have a lot of cool stuff when it has a revenue source that isn't derived from a shriveling pool of tax dollars. A user fee also helps weed the riff-raff players out. Pay to play works. Enough said.

don't get me wrong, i agree it works and has a place in the DG scene. just pointing it out.

3 in the overall top 50
2 in the 2012 top 50

I'm hoping to up this by quite a few over this next year.

overall
0/50

1/50 (Woodmere in Evansville)

I'm just trying to play all the courses in my state first.
Hopefully i'll get that accomplished in 2013- resolution?

overall
3 of 50[all OR]

1 of 50[FL]

If I can get a trip to north CA around May and maybe a trip to NC later this fall, I might get a few more of those delectable courses under my belt.

Last edited:
overall
3 of 50[all OR]

1 of 50[FL]

If I can get a trip to north CA around May and maybe a trip to NC later this fall, I might get a few more of those delectable courses under my belt.

If you come to CA you should try to make your trip come through Humboldt so you can play BOP and help get it on here by next year.:hfive:

I said this was coming two or three years ago (it just took a little while for the "travelers" to get in the review mix). It just makes sense. Die hards play disc golf, partially to get away from crowds. This has always been one of the allures of the sport.

Private courses, can also, of course, make the design any way they want, and are not subject to the restrictions of public layouts. Privates also allow for destination events; and staying overnight and such.
Yup, and in a bad economy. Just wait until people are spending money again...

I hate to be the first one to say this, but I will; the top two courses in the US (out of 4,000+) are not on the same piece of property in east Texas. Sorry.

I hate to be the first one to say this, but I will; the top two courses in the US (out of 4,000+) are not on the same piece of property in east Texas. Sorry.

I'd agree with you. I'd also suggest that they quite possibly aren't any of the other courses on or near the top 10 list either.

8 of 50 overall, and that will go up this year as 3 more are within driving range
9 of 50 in 2012, also will go up as 2 more are within driving distance

BTW, I'm so excited to have Stafford Woods make the 2012 list. Designing it and building it have been great fun. As far as ratings go, I'm flattered.

Yet on the grand scheme of things, Stafford is not nearly done, and is a year away from being a complete 18 hole course. I can not hardly believe Stafford made the list. I'm even the lowest review of my own course, as I left room for growth knowing the master plan and what it can develop into.
For those that rated it, thank you - this motivates me to build a course that might live up to this honor.

Too busy building a course.
Nice !!! I'm sure you will do a great job. Just leave more trees than you think is appropriate...you are gonna lose some over time. That's my tip of the day.