• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] top DISCRAFT driver

I have tried both the Avenger and the Flash and not been impressed with either one. I do love the XL and the Buzz though.

I got an ESP Surge in a player's pack in April. It would turn over just enough to beat my Wraiths out for distance. I loved that thing, but the shule gnomes stole it, so I went out and bought a nice pink FLX Surge. This one is within a gram or two the same weight, but is more stable. Sort of like the difference between my 169 Star Wraith and my 175 Champion Wraith. Now both Wraiths are lost, and I'm trying to decide whether to buy another one, or just stick with the Surge that I have. I've also got a Star Valkyrie that just BOMBS the living daylights out of anything else in my bag if I throw it just right. So yeah. Don't underestimate the speed 9 Innova discs. My Surge is clearly the fastest disc I own (blows my mind how quickly it gets downfield), and probably the most predictable with its slight overstability, but in my experience it's not enough different from the Wraith for you to carry both.

The Avenger SS in my bag is generally reserved for doglegs or uphill shots that need to be straight. If you can throw a Wraith straight, you'll be turning over a Discraft "SS" disc. Don't know about the standard Avenger, but lots of people swear by it.

i have only used two different discraft drivers, i have the z tracker which i hate, and i had a z avenger but lost it. the z avenger had the nicest thumber flight ive ever seen and i loved it for gentle hyzers.

ok, so the point of this Thread is to hear some good drivers from discraft, i've heard good things about the company and was interested in some of their better discs without buying a ton of them

EDIT: i throw RHBH mainly.

Weird. I'm just learning a thumber and I've noticed the Z avenger is my best disc for it. That is one stable disc.

XL, Predator, Avenger (ss) are the top ones in my opinion.

Weird. I'm just learning a thumber and I've noticed the Z avenger is my best disc for it. That is one stable disc.

I used to throw nothing but thumbers and I've found that the Avenger is brilliant for it distance and control wise. But if I need a real accurate thumber shot its a Teebird everytime.

Latest posts