• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top end forehand discs (375'+) Part II

djjeremiahj

Double Eagle Member
(Tried to resurrect the old thread, but "Cant update threads more than 66 days ago.).

\/ so.......\/
Update:
Still in search of....
I can throw my Destroyers and Wraith over 400', but i am looking for something more stable. My current discs are great, but i can flip them quite easily...
yes i need to do some field work as i have some OAT issues, but i am looking for something a lot less understable. The hope is that i can find a disc that i have a really hard time turning over and LIKES "too much power". I know once i find it, as i am using my BH discs as stand ins, the top end of my FH game will lock in and i will find another level of distance (up to 475').

considering -
worn in Boss (7/10)
Newish Xcal (8/10)

Current (in rotation):
172 Champ Destroyer: 400'+ BUT it's well worn in and very touchy. As a BH disc it's my version of a beat in Katana.
170 Champ Wraith: 375'+ <- There is another level beyond what i can do with this disc.
169 Star Destroyer: 225-350' - Long Controlled Precision
170 Champ Banshee: 0-250' - Controlled Precision and Placement
170 Champ Rhyno: 3/4 Arm and Controlled Placement to 200'.

I recommend an Elite Z Flick. You have to have a seriously flawed forehand to flip them over. 14 years of baseball and I can crank mine as hard as I want and unless its a headwind or I don't put enough air under it, it always fades back.

I'd second the force, at least for me, you throw that thing anything short of vertical, and it fades back right.

How about just clicking the check box and then you can update?

**not trying to be a tool but people think you can't update old threads and you can, you just have to acknowledge that you know**

^^I had trouble with that for a while. Didn't know it was doable at first.

Anyway I second the Flick, it was made specifically with FH distance in mind. Teerex's are very nice as well but do you have to sift through them to find those that aren't wraith-like....

I throw almost exclusively forehand, and I've had luck with an elite z reaper. It gets me better distance than my xcal, and not quite as hard a fade at the end.

I dreamed that I got a Reaper for Christmas (and it was NOT what I wanted), and it was shaped like a starfish with 4 legs and it had the weirdest place to grip ever. the rim was on the very middle of the "disc" and your hand was really cramped when you tried to hold it.

Weird dream, right?

I dreamed that I got a Reaper for Christmas (and it was NOT what I wanted), and it was shaped like a starfish with 4 legs and it had the weirdest place to grip ever. the rim was on the very middle of the "disc" and your hand was really cramped when you tried to hold it.

Weird dream, right?
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I always have this dream where I am playing with rectangular and triangular discs... would they be PDGA approved I wonder??

As far as a disc suggestion goes... the Halo? or Boss??

Get a Champ Max... you won't believe how overstable they are but you can still put some anny on them and they will ride out for awhile... but ALWAYS come back. I would suggest an xXx or a monster.. but they don't go as far and are super beefy. I can throw a max farther than a wraith and with more accuracy. I think this is the disc you're looking for.

I vote for champ Xcal. Max is going to take a lot more power to get good D out of it. Xcal will beat in to have just a bit of high speed turn and that will give you a little extra D while still being hella stable.

I still think a domey Star destroyer (Avery sig ones are good examples) are crazy stable. Other than that I do like the Champ XCal as a forehand disc with attitude.

I recommend this guy:

IMG_2113.jpg

and yes she is available.

I agree with most sentiments already mentioned and being a forehand only 960ish rated player. I'd agree w/ Monster,Max, Flick, but the Pulse is absurdly stable and feels different in the hand....I'm a Pink/Orange Star Max guy myself.

Yet all the discussions relating to flip etc. mean nothing to me at 5280ft.

Most of my drives are forehand. The Pulse & Flick are generally my go to drivers. Very predictable and forgiving. I've tried an X-Cal and I must say I liked it. Gonna have to get me one of those, it might work out better than the Pulse.