• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Pros M/F: Total Compensation?

Of course I won't believe this until I hear it from Paul or see a tax return but yes I would be extremely shocked.....no wonder Val decided to quit Innova if they are in fact sending that much cash his way.

No way she could move as much plastic as McBeth. Or do as much promotion for the brand. Disc golf is a male dominated sport as far as participation is concerned.

Break it down: $500,000 contract over 3 years. Winnings from tournaments with bonuses added on. Royalties from signature disc sales. Some travel paid and entry fees paid.

It's not that difficult when you look at it that way.

I hope you're sitting down.

He makes well over double your shocked number. Closer to the 1% cutoff. I honestly wish it was public knowledge. I think it would help legitimize our sport, and attract more people to the game. Sorry for blabbing Paul if you read this :p

My taxes were over 6 figures one year but that was because I had a good year/ bonuses/ many sponsors and not spending much money.

There is money in our sport but you need to WORK for it. I could sit around and just play disc golf and finish well and get by but that's not a goal. I want to make 7 figures through disc golf, I want to retire with disc golf, I want to own my own course one day, I want to teach disc golf one day, I want my family to be comfortable one day. I have dreams I have big dreams, I'm willing to work 24hrs a day to accomplish these dreams. These players don't truly understand, they are whining rather than taking responsibity and making their light. The McBeast Diaries, Champs vs Chumps, Eras Challenge..... those don't happen by accident. They were never funded they were ideas started from scratch to help promote Disc Golf, Players, Companies, Courses.... the list goes on and on. I enjoy those things because I know people love entertaining disc golf. I make myself available as much as possible for the public, for sponsors, for events but I do it because I have dreams not because I feel privledged or because I feel I deserve this or I deserve that. I work for what I have and I work HARD for what I have.

I didn't post to brag, Ian knows quite a bit about me because he is one of the few in this sport who has worked for what they have as well as Jomez and they make themselves available to the players and public.

Honestly these are the ones who should be making $ because with better equipment and better production that means more eyes on the players which mean more $ to them in sponsorship and sales. It's a chain of supportive and hard working people who will make this sport successful not whiners and "the privledged"

My taxes were over 6 figures one year but that was because I had a good year/ bonuses/ many sponsors and not spending much money.

There is money in our sport but you need to WORK for it. I could sit around and just play disc golf and finish well and get by but that's not a goal. I want to make 7 figures through disc golf, I want to retire with disc golf, I want to own my own course one day, I want to teach disc golf one day, I want my family to be comfortable one day. I have dreams I have big dreams, I'm willing to work 24hrs a day to accomplish these dreams. These players don't truly understand, they are whining rather than taking responsibity and making their light. The McBeast Diaries, Champs vs Chumps, Eras Challenge..... those don't happen by accident. They were never funded they were ideas started from scratch to help promote Disc Golf, Players, Companies, Courses.... the list goes on and on. I enjoy those things because I know people love entertaining disc golf. I make myself available as much as possible for the public, for sponsors, for events but I do it because I have dreams not because I feel privledged or because I feel I deserve this or I deserve that. I work for what I have and I work HARD for what I have.

I didn't post to brag, Ian knows quite a bit about me because he is one of the few in this sport who has worked for what they have as well as Jomez and they make themselves available to the players and public.

Honestly these are the ones who should be making $ because with better equipment and better production that means more eyes on the players which mean more $ to them in sponsorship and sales. It's a chain of supportive and hard working people who will make this sport successful not whiners and "the privledged"

I don't know PMB on a personal basis, but as someone who has been self employed their entire adult life I can tell when someone has solid business skills and the mind of an entrepreneur. You simply never...stop...working. Even when you're playing....you're working. ;)

Some may see this as sucking up or being a "fanboy", but it always amazes me the Labron James or past Tiger Woods of the sport we like comes on here to interact. I'd be willing to bet it happens in NO other sport. Thanks to PM for being coming on here.

Some may see this as sucking up or being a "fanboy", but it always amazes me the Labron James or past Tiger Woods of the sport we like comes on here to interact. I'd be willing to bet it happens in NO other sport. Thanks to PM for being coming on here.

When you have hundreds of thousands of fans, the crowd gets pretty hard to fight through. There's about a dozen people between you and Paul McBeth. In fact if you want to play in the same field and potentially the same card as the top pros, just change what you call yourself for a weekend and pay your entry fee.

When you have hundreds of thousands of fans, the crowd gets pretty hard to fight through. There's about a dozen people between you and Paul McBeth. In fact if you want to play in the same field and potentially the same card as the top pros, just change what you call yourself for a weekend and pay your entry fee.

Understood, but it's still pretty cool he shares with us.

I started in 2005 and got to 997 in 2010. Took one look around as I approached touring caliber with a worthless B.A. Degree and little else.... and realized: not a chance this is a good idea for me long term. Refocused on becoming a world caliber masters player one day, and focused on building a career and revenue streams first. Disc golf can be your life... but you'd better have a plan for retirement.

Paul,

I think we can all say thank you for making clear the trials and steps you have to take to not only be successful but to make it a career that has a future for you. You are exactly the person that should share his experiences to help the younger guys get started earlier on building those revenue streams. That you have a willingness to do that is fantastic.

So I was right all along....save your money kids bc you ain't getting rich discing even if you are the best player in the world....and besides Paul none of you are.

Thanks for posting, McBeast. I've enjoyed your stellar play over the last several years. From the outside looking in, it appears that you have an excellent mental game. Good luck during the rest of your career.

So I was right all along....save your money kids bc you ain't getting rich discing even if you are the best player in the world....and besides Paul none of you are.

Yes, even though you were wrong.. You can say you were right by spinning it. Stay in school kids.

I wish I could remember who it was, but one of the top pros, maybe Feldberg, commented that succeeding meant having a plan and working hard at it. Then he said that Paul exemplified that and was a great businessman. Paul doesn't just manage his game, he manages his career.

At the time the comments caught my attention.

So is the Fluff Guy thing still going to happen? I'm hoping you guys can still work it out, I think it would be incredibly entertaining, to say the least.

And since we're talking about deals, any progress with a better Adidas arrangement?

Finally, congrats on those two Eagles at the Aussie Open, Manabu was on your tail but you held him off with some great play. If he could nail down an anhyzer throw/disc that holds the line longer, he could really shave some strokes and give you guys even more of a challenge.

Amen Paul. You rock.

Thank you, Mr. McBeth. You've always impressed me with your vision to grow the sport, to represent it with class, and to actively be an ambassador of the game to disc golfers and non disc golfers alike. I think pros for years have learned that there's some small money in disc golf, and a select few can make a modest living with lessons, sponsorships, winnings, and occasional public outreach events. I realized very quickly that you were a different kind of professional disc golfer. All the best this season.

Hey DGCR admins, please turn on the thanks feature for this thread (or post) if you want to set some kind of "thanks on a post" record.

Latest posts