• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Pros This Year

lyleoross

* Ace Member *
I went looking for the Is Will Washed Up thread and couldn't find it. Instead, I decided to ask who people think will be the top pros this year?

Will Will come back?
Ricky looks on already, he's so good it's a yawn moment.
Can Paul get his mojo back? He's still great, but he needs that touch of magic IMO.
Eagle looks powerful, can he challenge, and will his game survive De La and more technical courses?
Is Simon back?

What about other players

Nate Sexton, most unrecognized great player ever.
Nate Doss, does he continue his resurgence?
Dave Feldberg, best old man player, can he come back from surgery?
Peter McBride, is he ready?
And everyone else...

Then there's the women's side.

Paige
Cat
Sarah
Val

That pool makes for an exciting race without thinking about the up and comers.

This year has the potential to be one of the most exciting yet!

BTB - I've been seeking out Will video, he's better, but his putting is still not right. I feel for the guy.

Will won't ever come back until mind wipe potions are a thing and he can relearn putting all together. Ricky and Eagle will be the main two competitors, with Paul and maybe Simon occasionally giving them a hassle.

It would be nice to see Simon get back to the form that has him in contention most weeks (i think he will) and it would be nice to see Eagle maintain his Australia form and become a consistent contender (not sure if this is true or not).

I also think its a mistake to leave Jerm out of the discussion. Along with USDGC he played really well the second half of last season.

It would be nice to see Simon get back to the form that has him in contention most weeks (i think he will) and it would be nice to see Eagle maintain his Australia form and become a consistent contender (not sure if this is true or not).

I also think its a mistake to leave Jerm out of the discussion. Along with USDGC he played really well the second half of last season.

Totally forgot about Jerm. Doh! He was crankin' it up all year long last year.

I don't know that he does. He is known for his big arm, not technical play. I'd be curious to know what those who watch him more than I do say about it.

He was impressive to watch at the Aussie open.

Doss and Shusterick seem to have the same issue as they are both monsters off the tee and then lose too many strokes on the green. I with that Shusterick would just start over... go to a spin putt or something.

On the women's side it would be nice to see a few more names enter the competitive discussion. Maybe Madison Walker will continue to climb and have a breakout year touring with Paige.

Will won't ever come back until mind wipe potions are a thing and he can relearn putting all together. Ricky and Eagle will be the main two competitors, with Paul and maybe Simon occasionally giving them a hassle.

This seems the most logical position to take. I hope it will be more exciting, though. I'd like to see one or the other win POY based on a slight margin. While Paul wasn't bad last year, you'd be hard pressed to say that Ricky didn't run away with it. I'd also not count Paul out. If he can figure out a way to get it into top gear earlier, Ricky and Eagle won't have an easy time of it.

Eagle is interesting. He starts hot and fades. Ricky seems to hit his stride in the middle. Paul starts cold and finishes hot. Interesting dynamic.

He was impressive to watch at the Aussie open.

As someone posted on another thread, I'm an old man. I am having big trouble remembering how he did in the woods. I know there were holes when Paul and Ricky were in the shule and Eagle was fairway clean, I just can't remember frequency.

As someone posted on another thread, I'm an old man. I am having big trouble remembering how he did in the woods. I know there were holes when Paul and Ricky were in the shule and Eagle was fairway clean, I just can't remember frequency.

Yeah but several of those were because he threw towering anny over everything and the mere mortals with 550' of course distance had to throw through the woods :p

This seems the most logical position to take. I hope it will be more exciting, though. I'd like to see one or the other win POY based on a slight margin. While Paul wasn't bad last year, you'd be hard pressed to say that Ricky didn't run away with it. I'd also not count Paul out. If he can figure out a way to get it into top gear earlier, Ricky and Eagle won't have an easy time of it.

Eagle is interesting. He starts hot and fades. Ricky seems to hit his stride in the middle. Paul starts cold and finishes hot. Interesting dynamic.

He will improve his mental game as he gets older.

Doss and Shusterick seem to have the same issue as they are both monsters off the tee and then lose too many strokes on the green. I with that Shusterick would just start over... go to a spin putt or something.

On the women's side it would be nice to see a few more names enter the competitive discussion. Maybe Madison Walker will continue to climb and have a breakout year touring with Paige.

I think it's a savvy move on her part. Watching and learning from Paige will move her up for sure.

Go watch the two recent Will S. tournaments. His putting needs something. He looks like he searching.

I really thought he would recreate his putt over the break.

He will improve his mental game as he gets older.

I agree. He clearly studied what he did wrong last year, and made huge adjustments. Really excited to watch Gentleman's to see how he adjusts. I think he had at least one event last year when he lost at the end too. To beat a hot and rising Ricky or Paul, you can't give an inch in those last three holes.

I didn't just forget Jerm, I forgot Philo too. Philo is really interesting to me. He's the only top player that still has no forehand. Yet he is so wicked good, it is almost moot.

I agree. He clearly studied what he did wrong last year, and made huge adjustments. Really excited to watch Gentleman's to see how he adjusts. I think he had at least one event last year when he lost at the end too. To beat a hot and rising Ricky or Paul, you can't give an inch in those last three holes.

Yeah. Seems like an intelligent dude and holds his crap together in pressure situations way better than I would have at that age.

I always think a meltdown like he had at the Aussie open is a good thing in the long run.

With worlds playing the WR Jackson course i hope that MJ is in the mix and near the lead card seeing as he won the last NT down there. The more heavily wooded courses are the ones that I expect eagle to be less of a factor on. then again, but i was really blown away by how good his putting was at the Aussie. It was on Ricky level.

With worlds playing the WR Jackson course i hope that MJ is in the mix and near the lead card seeing as he won the last NT down there. The more heavily wooded courses are the ones that I expect eagle to be less of a factor on. then again, but i was really blown away by how good his putting was at the Aussie. It was on Ricky level.

Like MJs chances in the woods. He has such a smooth style that he hits his lines in the trees really well, at least by my impression.

MJ is the nicest guy you'd love to see win worlds.