• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Pros This Year

I've heard a couple of guys mention Dickerson too. Don't know much about him though. What's his MO?

He has all the shots. Great all around game. He took down Nate Sexton in a local tournament here in December. I also believe he was lead card for a couple rounds of the Ledgestone open. And made the final 9 at the BHMO.

I'm excited to see more KJ Nybo. He's one of the few that I don't think has come up yet.

KJ is one of my favorite players. He's a strategist. But he has two strikes. Age and travel. I'd love to see him win a major though.

You are correct in assessing the two strikes against him. That being said, I could see him winning a major in Europe sometime in the immediate future. While not the flashiest, he's generally a very consistent player. Plus he's a man after my own heart, mostly throwing teebirds and KC Pro rocs.

Been watching the WTO, Paul looks solid. This year is going to be fun. Check out Seppo Pain. Hope he tours in the US this year.

I'm hoping to see Anthon make a come back. I know it may not be this year, but I think it'll happen in a couple years. I'm hoping to see him play some big Cali tournaments and get on some tournament footage this year though.

Looking forward to watching Kona as well.

I swear I heard feldberg say he was going to play masters so he could have more fun. But he's only signed up for the GCC in masters. Maybe he will play masters at worlds. Or hell maybe he will have a come back, but I'd triple his chances if he grows his beard back.

I swear I heard feldberg say he was going to play masters so he could have more fun. But he's only signed up for the GCC in masters. Maybe he will play masters at worlds. Or hell maybe he will have a come back, but I'd triple his chances if he grows his beard back.

Feldberg did say he'll be playing more in Masters, but not at DGPT events which he says will be his primary focus for touring. Wouldn't shock me at all if he played both Masters and Open at Worlds...same with most of the other 1000+ guys eligible for both. After all, I believe Masters Worlds is being held at the same location where he won his MPO title.

Master Worlds in Grand Rapids is about 50 miles north of 2008 Worlds location in Kalamazoo/Battle Creek where Feldberg won.

Feldberg did say he'll be playing more in Masters, but not at DGPT events which he says will be his primary focus for touring. Wouldn't shock me at all if he played both Masters and Open at Worlds...same with most of the other 1000+ guys eligible for both. After all, I believe Masters Worlds is being held at the same location where he won his MPO title.

Oh yea, I forgot they separated them. He's a top contender for masters worlds. I don't know if Johnny m, Patrick b, Barry Schultz can handle a healthy feldberg. Who else is in contention for masters worlds?

Oh yea, I forgot they separated them. He's a top contender for masters worlds. I don't know if Johnny m, Patrick b, Barry Schultz can handle a healthy feldberg. Who else is in contention for masters worlds?

Barry and Patrick can definitely hang with Feldberg.

I can't remember seeing him play much last year.

He played 8 PDGA events last year: 5 in Open (2 wins), 3 in the Masters division. In those Masters appearances, he won the Memorial and Beaver State Fling, and finished 5th at Worlds. I think if he plays (no reason to think he won't), he's most definitely a contender in Masters.

No feldberg, Nate and Val, and wasn't Anthon supposed to be getting back on tour?

Besides that. That Evelin's solenen looks to be a great innova prospect I hadn't heard of. She can play!

First round back -14 at St. Patrick's Classic. Rated 1046. Impressive for all the time off.

Pretty good shooting. Hope to see video. It'll be interesting to see him play wysocki and Mcbeth at masters cup.

I wonder who will crumble playing with a murderer.

I think if someone comes out of nowhere and has a big year it may be Chris Dickerson. 3 full seasons of PDGA play and now 1024 rated. Guy throws frisbees really well.

Good call on this. I forget when watching him that it is only his 3rd full season in Open. Kid has put together a great season so far, going to be interesting to see how much better he can get.

Good call on this. I forget when watching him that it is only his 3rd full season in Open. Kid has put together a great season so far, going to be interesting to see how much better he can get.

I can't find exactly where I have the numbers [the file is somewhere on my computer], but from late last year, I think starting in August, until about February of 2017 his average rating was something pretty wild like between 1040 and 1049. Can really see the potential when someone can average basically 20 points above what he was rated during that time (his rating was in the low 1020s around late summer 2016) for six or so months. I hope he can put a longer run like that together again soon. The more of those players rated between 1015ish and 1035ish who step their game up and push Paul and Ricky occasionally the more fun it is for the rest of us to watch.

Latest posts