• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Top ten worst discs made by innova/discraft

I understand the HATE for the Groove when throwing backhand or forehand, but it is a great disk for overhand shots. For me, it consistantly flips and goes straight 250-275 feet.

1. Groove
2. Wahoo
3. Impact
4. Teedevil
5. Stalker
6. Dart
7. Viper
8. Surge SS
9. Hawk
10. This years ACE RACE DISC!!!!

The Viper????? That is very depressing to hear. They just need to post more of the champ ones on the factory store. :wall:

My List would be:
Groove
Wahoo
Nuke SS
Monarch
Dragon
Zombee
Impact
Kite
Lycan
Hydra

Honorable mention: Anything in R-Pro

OK, I'll contribute:

1. Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Wolf
4. Wolf
5. Wolf
6. Wolf
7. Wolf
8. Wolf
9. 10M Brick
10. Wolf

1. destroyer
2. roc
3. roc 3
4. aviar
5. BBaviar
6. nuke
7. buzzz
8. boss
9. firebird
10. teebird

:popcorn:

Innova:
(In non specific order)
Zephyr
Skeeter
Polecat
Archangel
Monarch
Archeon
Mamba
Wedge
FL
Birdie

Discraft:
Most Ace Race Discs
Most SS discs

All this Skeeter hate makes me want to put one back in my bag.

1. Birdie
2. Wolf
3. Pulse
4. Dragon
5. Monarch
6. Putt'r
7. Vulcan
8. Wahoo
9. Eclipse
10. Aero

I don't mind the Groove. I don't think it's a bad disc, and I don't think it is any more inconsistent than any other Innova disc. People just love to hate it.

1. Birdie
2. Wolf
3. Pulse
4. Dragon
5. Monarch
6. Putt'r
7. Vulcan
8. Wahoo
9. Eclipse
10. Aero

I don't mind the Groove. I don't think it's a bad disc, and I don't think it is any more inconsistent than any other Innova disc. People just love to hate it.

When it came out it was touted as the best disc ever and a lot of people bought into the hype, only to find out each one is a "unique snowflake of suck." Thus, so many Groove haters. Also, the fact that Innova has done nothing to remedy that, but in fairness you can't make a Groove better without filling in the groove.

1. destroyer
2. roc
3. roc 3
4. aviar
5. BBaviar
6. nuke
7. buzzz
8. boss
9. firebird
10. teebird
:popcorn:

lol agreed

I don't think many discs are actually "bad" for golfing but there are a few I personally don't like at all.

Really light discs like 150 class, blizzard, and floaters like wahoos and dragons.

Discs that are way too floppy IMO like the blowfly.

Discs that have too little grip, which isn't many IMO because I like champion plastic discs a lot.

Discs with "too much dome" for my taste like darts and those LE star whippets.

Discs with 2.5cm rims like bosses and nukes because they're just a little too wide for my hands to grip well.

Discs whose rims are a little too shallow for my hands like volts.

Discs with plus rims that are too extreme.

Discs that start off usefully understable but quickly beat into being 45 degree hyzer-rollers, like R-pro bosses or dx beasts.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. The monarch might be my most use driver (I like the grip and throw it in glow...super straight), along with the destroyer.

I have a buddy who throws a groove a lot, and well...beats me how. For the uninitiated, despite having, well, grooves, the grip on the monarch and groove feel quite different. Monarch is much narrower.

But then, I don't get the saint hype.

you can tell who has the OAT monster by the ones who hate mambas

you can tell who has the OAT monster by the ones who hate mambas

I was really surprised by all of the Mamba hate. It's a great disc, and I thought it was very controllable despite its understability. Also, I was throwing a 150 class...

My disagreements...

Haven't played long enough to try all of these even though I have a trunk full of plastic. I guess I stay away from Innova and Discraft mainly

That said, some recurring discs on these list have been very good to me.

1) Star Kite. One of my all-time favorites. Wish I hadn't lost it. Amazing glide and turns over easily when that shot is needed. I will be adding one back in. For now, the Tursas has this slot.

2) DX Archangel. While I don't bag one anymore, when I first started, it was the best driver I had. Had 3 of them at one point. Super straight for noodle arms. I recommend one to all beginners.

3) Champion Monarch. Okay... I don't bag one, but it's my only ace disc, so I gotta show it some love.

Why all the hate on the Mamba?
(Serious question and would appreciate answers)

I really do like the Mamba. Many don't like it because of how understable it is. If you roll your wrist a tad or release a bit late she turns over bad. Still happens to me a bit. It's a disc that will give you great results, but is very unforgiving.

Latest posts