• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Top ten worst discs made by innova/discraft

i believe you may be right but couldnt find anything on it.

Yes. 2 discs. I still have one. Smallish. Smaller than their 141 g disc. Rim is about an inch to an inch and a half and the floght plate is psychedelic swirly. Very thin and smooth. The best nail delay plastic ever for freestyling. Sounds like a drum when tipped. Seriously indestructae too. Had mine over 25 years and no dammage. The other one was slightly larger but lost it. Called Zectron. Prolly oop because of indestructability.

Was thinking of getting a Blizzard Dominator, but it looks like it made some peoples worst list! And I noticed not very many pros have them in their bags. Can anyone give me a review of the Dominator? And why no one seems to use it? I do like its flight #'s.

Was thinking of getting a Blizzard Dominator, but it looks like it made some peoples worst list! And I noticed not very many pros have them in their bags. Can anyone give me a review of the Dominator? And why no one seems to use it? I do like its flight #'s.

-Because Blizzard Dominators are Uber Flippy and are instant rollers.
-Most Pros dont throw Blizzard
-The run of champion plastic they are in is crap
-Though they do not fly that bad, slight turn if you get a max weight one.

1. Groove
2. Max
3. Impact
4. Teedevil
5. Tracker (Exception is the Players Cup Trackers...they are the bomb)
6. Buzzz GT
7. Sonic
8. Mako (Exception is the First Run Big Star Stamps)
9. Dart
10. Reaper

Why the Wahoo? Is it too light?

Well I don't know other peoples reasons for disliking the Wahoo but I don't like it b/c it comes in R-Pro. R-Pro plastic is the least durable plastic Innova produces. B/c of this the Wahoo beats up very quickly and becomes uber flippy. I don't mind discs beating in most of the time b/c I like cycling discs but the Wahoo just beats in to fast for my liking.

Makes sense to me. Thanks!
Top Ten for me from experience:

Surge SS
Dragon
Crztal FLX Challenger
Blizzard Boss
Old Super Stiff Aviars

1. Groove
2. Max
3. Impact
4. Teedevil
5. Tracker (Exception is the Players Cup Trackers...they are the bomb)
6. Buzzz GT
7. Sonic
8. Mako (Exception is the First Run Big Star Stamps)
9. Dart
10. Reaper

A star max is a great flick disc. #1 player in the world has 2 in his bag so I wouldn't necessarily consider it bad.

2. Xpress
3. Cyclone
Really? I have a Z Xpress that I rather like. It flies very well and can be used for a number of shots. It's definitely not "worst disc" material. I also have an old Elite X Cyclone that I have only thrown around for our dog but it flies pretty nicely, too. The Cyclone has such a claim to fame that it doesn't seem like a worst candidate, either.

I will go ahead an second whoever said Nuke SS. I got one thinking it would be a good disc but after much experimentation I realized it is incredibly inconsistent and just sucks overall. Maybe I don't have the arm to get it up to speed but I still have yet to find a consistent flight pattern out of it. A waste of premium plastic.

I haven't been playing long enough but I can make a short list I would put up as a newbie to stay away from.

1) Any driver in cheap DX type plastic. The easy break-in plastic when starting as a newbie on drivers makes it really hard to learn the game as the discs change way to rapidly to rely on them with any consistency.
2) DX Shark - horrible mid compared to my star coyote. Not just my opinion either.
3) Nuke OS Z line max weight (as a newbie don't even bother with this thing, luckily I only borrowed it to throw).
4) champ monarch. Bought it as an understable driver, but it's not really understable at all and has inconsistent flight pattern to it.
5) Anything in Lat64 "gold" plastic in "gold" color where I live. It's basically dried grass color. I bought a lat64 XXX in the gold line with gold color and I've "lost" it in a fairway around here. Blends in so much you can't find it at all. So I don't throw it because it's so easy to lose.

That's it for my newbie list that I have. Funny thing it some of the disc on many of the lists I have and like a lot. Such as the Vulcan and Teedevil. I have these. Like and use them often. Not sure why people don't like them that much. However, one can see my sig for my current goto line up right now for 90% of my game.

1 Groove/Monarch
2 Krait
3 Nuke OS/Nuke SS
4 Boss
5 Katana
6 Wahoo
7 Beast
8 ESP Tracker
9 Avenger SS
10 Valkyrie
11 SL & FL

* Anything R-Pro or light blizzard

I can't believe I saw these listed, unbelievable
TeeBird Plus
Buzzz SS
Stalker (but I only like Cryztal)
Max (great forehand disc)
TeeRex
Challenger

Last edited:
why is this list restricted to just innova/discraft?

I'll add Discwing Quarter K.

I'm also shocked you don't like a shark. I have a 150g dx shark thats a good mid, and that's light weight in the worst plastic.

3 Nuke OS

How does the OS make the list? I've never had one that wasn't exactly what I wanted. Has anyone bought a Nuke OS and thought "hey, this is gonna be a nice hyzer flip disc for me." ??? Or actually bought one that was a hyzer flip disc?

Everyone is entitled to hate whatever disc they choose, but I need some help understanding how it got on your list (anyone that listed it).

How does the OS make the list? I've never had one that wasn't exactly what I wanted. Has anyone bought a Nuke OS and thought "hey, this is gonna be a nice hyzer flip disc for me." ??? Or actually bought one that was a hyzer flip disc?

Everyone is entitled to hate whatever disc they choose, but I need some help understanding how it got on your list (anyone that listed it).
I have no dog in the Nuke OS fight, but I think people may dislike it because it's suppose to be a max D driver but flies no farther than say a Firebird or XXX because of it's extreme overstability.

What's wrong with the shark? It's anything BUT a horrible mid.
And a Valkyrie? A disc that previously held the max distance record for several years?

Hey guys, I thought this was an opinion based thread? I've had Valks over the years and they just never did it for me. I guess I feel that mold is more over rated than it is horrible. Based on the nearly 40 pages here, we obviously can't agree on 10 discs that are actually worthless (not without including other manufacturers)

It did exactly what it was billed to do. I actually got it for a flick disc (that couldn't be turned over) but the rim is just too big and never felt comfortable in my hand. This thread really should be more descriptively labeled The 10 worst discs that never worked for you

You put those 6 on the list but want teebird plus mold removed? wut?

See above. I can't understand the problem with the TB+. I love TB's and having the + mold feels the same but I can throw it for more powerful flicks and know it'll come back. Again, those other 6 just never worked for me. However, I did have a Z Tracker that I liked and I only tried a blizzard Krait FWIW

Latest posts