• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Towne Lake DGC- Mckinney, TX

Played Saturday morning. I was surprised at how many people were already there at 830am. Nice course mostly flat heavily wooded. Creek comes into play more often than you think it would. We had to climb down to the water level 4 times. Those banks are steep! Wind wasnt really a factor because of the woods. I would say it is worth the drive to play. Especially on a hot summer day this course will be fully shaded. My score was +9.

Played Saturday morning. I was surprised at how many people were already there at 830am. Nice course mostly flat heavily wooded. Creek comes into play more often than you think it would. We had to climb down to the water level 4 times. Those banks are steep! Wind wasnt really a factor because of the woods. I would say it is worth the drive to play. Especially on a hot summer day this course will be fully shaded. My score was +9.

I was out there Sat morning too...it was awesome to see so many big groups out there despite the nasty weather! I think I shot 6-7 over from the shorts the first round :(, but I came back with a 57 from the longs on the 2nd round ;).

Staying in McKinney

I am heading out in March for training at a Fisher Regulator factory in McKinney. They are putting me up at a hotel like 2 miles from Towne Lake, so I am really glad it has opened and am psyched to play. May be alone on a Sunday afternoon....

I can't tell you how many rounds we're played this weekend,but the course is getting used.Give it a little time to break in.We had 28 players for the first mini-red tee's(L-Train 52 open)(Clayton 57 am).Thanks for everyone support,be sure and thank the parks dept. if you see some of them when your playing.$400.000 not bad for a disc golf course(disc golf only).If everything go's well we should have our first event March 1.The creek only comes into play when you throw in it

Just typed a nice long review of the course, but by the time I finished I had to log back in to submit...and I ended up losing everything I had typed :(

Will try to go back and retype it later :mad:

I cannot wait to get back to school in Sherman so i can drive down to McKinney twice a week to play this course!!! It looks like it will be well worth the drive.

It was a poor review, here is some reasons why. Under pros you wrote "The trees are what make this course a challenge" Then under other thoughts you wrote "In my group we found the creek 4 times" Sounds like the creek made it plenty hard for you guys too.

It shows you played it once, what tee boxes? If so you have only played about half the course, add in the other pin positions and you have only seen about a quarter.

" it didn't have a real wow factor " It is winter time... In the summer when the trees are full and the two ponds are full, you will say WOW!

"BB Owen and Greenbelt" To even mention them when talking about this park is silly and to say you would rather play them, even with your disclaimer, is bordering on demented.

"Very little elevation changes"
Uphill on 13 then you play down it, then you play all the way across it at an angle, and if you play long 16 you play off an elevated tee over the pond. For the region, this course has elevation.

I could go on if you would like, but to put it politely you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Try playing a course more than once if you are going to write a review.

My review not helpful? Looks like I have some haters based on my personal comments...

Yo, you've got some good stuff in your review. I like how you point out some of the characteristics of the course and give us some details about it. If i may suggest something though ... maybe in fututre reviews dont put as much opinion in the review and stick closer to facts about the course. some opinion is totally justified andd neccessary, but put some more substance to the review. You've been playing a long time so you know what is good about a course and what isnt. And writing a review after playing a course only once is perfectly legit. All that said I gave you a thumber and Ill be checking out your future reviews. Keep up the good work

My review not helpful? Looks like I have some haters based on my personal comments...

I thought it was a good review. I gave you an up thumber, I thought it was tacky that you said "please rate my review" in the end. I could see that get a negative reaction from some.

It was a poor review, here is some reasons why. Under pros you wrote "The trees are what make this course a challenge" Then under other thoughts you wrote "In my group we found the creek 4 times" Sounds like the creek made it plenty hard for you guys too.

It shows you played it once, what tee boxes? If so you have only played about half the course, add in the other pin positions and you have only seen about a quarter.

" it didn't have a real wow factor " It is winter time... In the summer when the trees are full and the two ponds are full, you will say WOW!

"BB Owen and Greenbelt" To even mention them when talking about this park is silly and to say you would rather play them, even with your disclaimer, is bordering on demented.

"Very little elevation changes"
Uphill on 13 then you play down it, then you play all the way across it at an angle, and if you play long 16 you play off an elevated tee over the pond. For the region, this course has elevation.

I could go on if you would like, but to put it politely you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Try playing a course more than once if you are going to write a review.

BB Owens rocks the house. I like hole 3, Kingsley rd. really makes it neat. :p

I don't think BB is as bad of a course as everyone makes it out to be, but definitely doesn't compare to Towne Lakes at all. I used to play it (BB) almost every day on my way home from work, and it really grew on me...it's not very technical, but there are some fun holes out there. There are some shady folks out there, but there are just as many good people who play there frequently.

I thought it was a good review. I gave you an up thumber, I thought it was tacky that you said "please rate my review" in the end. I could see that get a negative reaction from some.
Thanks GDt. That is a little tacky, but everything else is true in my review as I personally see. I am guilty of reading reviews here and not rating most of them like I should. I put that phrase in there to get a review.

This website asks if the review was 'helpful'. I believe my review has content that is 'helpful'.

I could have really unleashed the Cons for this course. One is (and an important one), watch out for chopped wood pieces throughout the course that can twist an ankle. It is a new course and everything is not ready/broken in yet from what I read here already.

Towne Lake is a great course and has lots of options (multiple tees and pins). It just was not worth my drive. Distance for me, I would have rather drove to Cedar Hill and play the other course there that I have not played yet (Beaver). I just love a clean beaver.....

I'm with you on the debris. I've already enlisted some people to help me at 8 am this sunday morning before the mini. The plan is to clear a 10 meter circle around the baskets and possibly clear around some tees. Bring gloves and a wheelbarrow. Any and all help is welcome and appreciated.

YoDesigner,Towne lake need alot of work,give it some time(6months)and it will be more player friendly.This course was designed to be hard!,we have a easy course.Come back in 6 months and give it another review.Thanks Ron

Latest posts