• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toys for Tots

howardb

Birdie Member
I was looking at the board at my local Course and didnt notice anything coming up, but i was wondering if there are any Toys for Tots tournaments (bring an unwrap gift $10) in your area and do you attend.

i think its a great cause and would like to see one at my local course or courses.

do you have any in your area and where are they located, and what is the format.

singles or doubles???

we used to do our annual christmas charity event for toys for tots but have switched to the fredericksburg area food bank. feeling was we get more bang for the buck locally that way. see loriella christmas charity thread for tourney info.

we used to do our annual christmas charity event for toys for tots but have switched to the fredericksburg area food bank. feeling was we get more bang for the buck locally that way. see loriella christmas charity thread for tourney info.

i did see that after i posted this, i think that is a great idea. entry fee as well as 2 cans of something....NICE.

all the am entry fees wil wind up getting donated as well as club members donate the plastic for their payout. most of the pro winners usually wind up donating their winnings back as well.

The "Cold Snake Classic" tournament @ Seqouyah Park in Ga is this weekend.
Bringing a toy, I believe, is part of the entry fee.
It goes to the Toys for Tots...

If any of you DG'ers out there participate, thank you, from an ex-Marine.

^yup that.

Our hockey team has a t4t night tonight. I bought a toy for each of us to donate. They said there was 185,000 kids in our county this year that need them. :(

I have thought about it, but lots of local businesses and the city puts on things like that, and the competing against them can be hard at this time of the year. Plus with winter finally upon us, not to many like to come out and play, with the exception of the Ice Bowl, down in St Cloud.
Also the park is busy with a few minor upgrades to the course, and more then likely a few new holes, so the course is kinda in shambles right now.

But I do like the idea. And will have to see how things go with the other charity event I do and if that goes well next year, may just do a toy or coat drive.

^yup that.

Our hockey team has a t4t night tonight. I bought a toy for each of us to donate. They said there was 185,000 kids in our county this year that need them. :(
WOW!!

I don't think Gwinnett even had 185,000 people when I lived there...."I remember when all of this was corn fields...."[/old man voice]

WOW!!

I don't think Gwinnett even had 185,000 people when I lived there...."I remember when all of this was corn fields...."[/old man voice]

i feel that way around here. when i graduated high school our county had 15000 people in it, now it's about 125000.

I have thought about it, but lots of local businesses and the city puts on things like that, and the competing against them can be hard at this time of the year. Plus with winter finally upon us, not to many like to come out and play, with the exception of the Ice Bowl, down in St Cloud.
Also the park is busy with a few minor upgrades to the course, and more then likely a few new holes, so the course is kinda in shambles right now.

But I do like the idea. And will have to see how things go with the other charity event I do and if that goes well next year, may just do a toy or coat drive.

Rev man, you aren't competing against them, you are competing WITH them...even if you only raised 10 toys that is 10 more than they might have gotten without you!!

789,000 according to google.

Oh and my quote was wrong, that is how many toys they want to collect...whew...that would mean almost half the county was broke if that many kids were needy.

Food drive is thanksgiving weekend.

We also do the teddy bear toss where we bring a bear and toss it on the ice after the first goal, they all go to childrens hospitals.