• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trading, swapping, borrowing discs during play.

Team_Vod

As I mentioned in another thread, through the generosity of other players my wife and I have a better collection and selection of discs.

These include:
Excellent condition -
2 distance drivers
2 fareway drivers
2 mid-range disc's
2 putter's
3 marker disc's

Average to less than average condition -
4 distance drivers

Already in our collection and in better than good to good condition -
2 mid range disc's

Several of the donated disc's have the weights listed on them. I have catagorized, cataloged and seperated them in their "weight class/range".

The disc's that are in average to less than average were donated to us first and we have used them. The others that were donated have yet to be used.

My wife and I are using a nylone canvas "attache" type bag to hold nad carry our discs in. The bag holds all of the disc's that are in good to excellent condition along with the marker disc's. The disc's in average to less than average are stored in another bag as we are not going to use them for right now. We are going to purchase a couple of the Innova starter bags.

It just so happens we have an equal amount of heavier to lighter weight disc's. In one starter bag we are going to place the lighter weight discs and in the other we are going to place the heavier.

My questions:
During fun play, where we play one another just for fun and to develope our skills is there anything, other than our own personal rules/ettiquette, etc., that would prevent us from trading and swapping discs during play, but between holes? For example: I tee off with a heavier fareway driver, my wife uses a lighter one, ass we approach the basket we switch to the respective mid-range and then putter's. But at the next tee we switch. I use a lighter and she uses heavier weight disc's. Or we mix it up at each tee.

Apply the same questions to if we play as doubles/couple in competition play, sanctioned or non-sanctioned events.

A couple of our discs do not have a weight listed on them. Do we just simply use a scale that has a setting for grams to get the weight?

During fun play, where we play one another just for fun and to develope our skills is there anything, other than our own personal rules/ettiquette, etc., that would prevent us from trading and swapping discs during play, but between holes? For example: I tee off with a heavier fareway driver, my wife uses a lighter one, ass we approach the basket we switch to the respective mid-range and then putter's. But at the next tee we switch. I use a lighter and she uses heavier weight disc's. Or we mix it up at each tee.

Apply the same questions to if we play as doubles/couple in competition play, sanctioned or non-sanctioned events.

There are absolutely no rules to prohibit using another player's disc. It's both a legal and perfectly acceptable practice at any level.

Sharing discs is 100% legal in competition, so perfectly okay for fun casual play as well. The only problem that could arise with doing it is if you both happen to want to throw the same disc at the same time. Sounds like you guys have a method that takes care of that issue, though.

Player who borrows a disc should identify to others in the group that they are using a disc with another player's mark.

Player who borrows a disc should identify to others in the group that they are using a disc with another player's mark.

This.

I don't normally carry a mini in my pants pocket so sometimes i'll ask another player for theirs. Also been known to leave my disc and use another persons' putter for drop ins.

You mean we can mark our disc's? Just kidding. I assume you mean with a name or other identifying method. What do most players use? Something as simple as a Sharpie?

Also when it comes to weighing a disc that is not marked with a weight is it as simple as using a scale with a setting for grams?

It's disc golf man. Don't suck out the fun of it by overanalyzing things that in 90% of applications don't really matter, and go largely unchecked in the other 10%.

A sharpie is a must carry item, and instead of the Innova starter bags you may want to consider the $30 Prodigy BP-3 backpack bags. You won't outgrow them as quickly and they look much cooler too.

As I mentioned in another thread, through the generosity of other players my wife and I have a better collection and selection of discs.

These include:
Excellent condition -
2 distance drivers
2 fareway drivers
2 mid-range disc's
2 putter's
3 marker disc's

Average to less than average condition -
4 distance drivers

Already in our collection and in better than good to good condition -
2 mid range disc's

Several of the donated disc's have the weights listed on them. I have catagorized, cataloged and seperated them in their "weight class/range".

The disc's that are in average to less than average were donated to us first and we have used them. The others that were donated have yet to be used.

My wife and I are using a nylone canvas "attache" type bag to hold nad carry our discs in. The bag holds all of the disc's that are in good to excellent condition along with the marker disc's. The disc's in average to less than average are stored in another bag as we are not going to use them for right now. We are going to purchase a couple of the Innova starter bags.

It just so happens we have an equal amount of heavier to lighter weight disc's. In one starter bag we are going to place the lighter weight discs and in the other we are going to place the heavier.

My questions:

A couple of our discs do not have a weight listed on them. Do we just simply use a scale that has a setting for grams to get the weight?

Attache bags should be banned in dg along with anything else attached to the Hipster stereotype.

Attachments

• How-to-be-a-hipster-001.jpg
    How-to-be-a-hipster-001.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 30
A sharpie is a must carry item, and instead of the Innova starter bags you may want to consider the $30 Prodigy BP-3 backpack bags. You won't outgrow them as quickly and they look much cooler too.

I have had to use WD40 to clean Sharpie off of various items in the past. It works great. If used on a golf disc will it affect the plastic? I don't care if it dulls the finish, that is going to happen when the disc is used during play, I am more concerned if it will dissolve or "eat" the plastic. When I have used WD40 in the past I also use a degreaer to clean it off right away once the Sharpie ink is gone.

Some of the donated disc's were marked by the previous owner with Sharpie ink.

I have had to use WD40 to clean Sharpie off of various items in the past. It works great. If used on a golf disc will it affect the plastic? I don't care if it dulls the finish, that is going to happen when the disc is used during play, I am more concerned if it will dissolve or "eat" the plastic. When I have used WD40 in the past I also use a degreaer to clean it off right away once the Sharpie ink is gone.

Some of the donated disc's were marked by the previous owner with Sharpie ink.

Sharpie ink won't always come off, especially premium plastic -- such as Innova champ and star plastics or equivalent. In those cases you could get the prior owner to write "disc given/sold to" your name and phone # and have them initial it confirming the transfer -- and you could draw a line through their contact info. Sharpie ink won't hurt any plastic so no worries there. WD40 or acetone will likely remove the stamp so be careful with it if you want to retain the stamp.

In those cases you could get the prior owner to write "disc given/sold to" your name and phone # and have them initial it confirming the transfer -- and you could draw a line through their contact info . . .

But definitely make sure to do this in front of a Notary and get the seal imprinted into the plastic as well! Otherwise, it isn't "official." :doh:

Latest posts