• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Traveling from Flint, MI to Sandusky, OH

I'm taking a trip to Cedar Point at the end of the month from Flint, MI. I was hoping to hit up a course on my way down and a course on my way back up. I was wondering if there were any locals along the path that could give me some suggestions on good courses. I've been looking at stopping in either Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti and/or the Toledo area. I've already played The Ponds in Ypsilanti and Bandemer Park in AA.

Norwalk Ohio has a nice 24 hole course. If you take I80 it's about ten miles south of the exit for Cedar Point (in the wrong direction). Perrysburg OH is flat and boring, East Harbor State Park is a path in the woods, kinda sucks. Now, Tiffin OH has a nice course, again it's a little south of your route. The closest course to CP is 9 hole Osborne Park, between Sandusky and Huron. It's awful except for hole 9. There is a nine holer in Fremont OH that is okay.

In Michigan I have only played Vienna Park in Temperance. I liked it.

No one ever complained about spending a day at Hudson Mills. That said, Independence Lake is my favorite course in the area. Rolling Hills is also a great course.

The Mills is $7 to get in + $2 to play. Indy Lake and Rolling Hills charge $9 per car for non-Washtenaw County residents, but if you play them the same day, you can use the same park pass and only pay once. $18 gets you 4 great courses.

Last edited:
No one ever complained about spending a day at Hudson Mills. That said, Independence Lake is my favorite course in the area. Rolling Hills is also a great course.

The Mills is $7 to get in + $2 to play. Indy Lake and Rolling Hills charge $9 per car for non-Washtenaw County residents, but if you play them the same day, you can use the same park pass and only pay once. $18 gets you 4 great courses.

Toboggan is probably open by then...

These are simply outstanding suggestions. :thmbup::hfive::thmbup:

Just realize that the Toboggan will be closed to casual play on the following dates:
Thu, May 29th... practice DGLO Pros
Fri, May 30th... Rd1 DGLO Pros
Sat, May 31st... Rd 2 DGLO Pros
Sat, Jun 1st... Rd 3 DGLO Pros

Thu, Jun 4th... practice USADGC
Fri, Jun 5th... Rd1 USADGC
Sat, Jun 6th... Rd2 USADGC
Sun, Jun 7th... Rd3 USADGC

No official word has been given as to when the baskets will be in, but it's usally good to go by Memorial Day weekend.

Hudson Mills is really great, both courses. If you don't mind crowds (they usually let solos play through) and a somewhat unkept course, there's Cass Benton Hills. It's gotten way more technical since the county hasn't been out to clear trees in a while. If you're looking to join up with a random group of people and party your way through the course, Cass is it, lol.