• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Treating McPro/Pro Plastic with.... Grease/Butter/Crisco!!

Everyone so worried about bears... here is a question:

Ever carry a snack with you? :D

If you've ever been up close and personal with a momma and cubs, say under 10 feet with no fence and quite a few miles to the nearest phone... It's something you try to avoid. And yet, I still backpack without a gun......or bacon! (note to self; remember to buy a gun for disc golf....)

If you've ever been up close and personal with a momma and cubs, say under 10 feet with no fence and quite a few miles to the nearest phone... It's something you try to avoid. And yet, I still backpack without a gun......or bacon! (note to self; remember to buy a gun for disc golf....)

I keep a couple packs of firecrackers in my bag for bears! They don't like having those things thrown in their direction. Usually has the same effect as a gun or bear banger. No bear is gonna get my bacon!

I keep a couple packs of firecrackers in my bag for bears! They don't like having those things thrown in their direction. Usually has the same effect as a gun or bear banger. No bear is gonna get my bacon!

I see what you do there. And I laughed. Seriously though, y'all play near bears? And has anyone else tried this yet?

I've seen bears on the course at Mont du Lac a few times. Just let them pass, they're not going to mess with you.

I see what you do there. And I laughed. Seriously though, y'all play near bears? And has anyone else tried this yet?

I was serious, i do keep firecrackers with me anytime i'm headed into bear country. This is something I do when I guide trips as well. It works! don't ask me how i know. They also hate the scream of witch whistlers or whistling bottle rockets! Just shot them right at 'em.

One time i heard there was a bear sighted at a course i frequent regularly. So i decided to throw them in the bag when i heard that just in case and they have been in the bag ever since, in the same ziploc bag as my TP :thmbup:

I'm just gonna say y'all have some big gonads. My first instinct would not be to pull a messing with Sasquatch moment.
Friend-"holy cow! A bear!"
Me- "I got this. I'm gonna shoot Roman candles at it."
I also do not subscribe to the fetal position theory. My philosophy is to play with slower people so that I can outrun them in this exact scenario.

Or I could coat my disc in bacon grease and throw it away yelling fetch.

It is possible that the grease could penetrate a microscopic depth into the plastic, changing its surface feel (even after washing) without changing how stiff it is.

It is also possible that both the grease and the washing step have removed a mold-release agent that was left behind during the molding process.

No bear is gonna get my bacon!

Damn skippy!

I've encountered a few bears (luckily not with cubs)... here is their true nature:

Bear-GIFs-bear-chased-by-cat.gif

It is possible that the grease could penetrate a microscopic depth into the plastic, changing its surface feel (even after washing) without changing how stiff it is.

It is also possible that both the grease and the washing step have removed a mold-release agent that was left behind during the molding process.

Bam, science! Even if it is pseudo.

Latest posts