• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tree markers to assist in disc finding

gabdisc

I have a course that is moderately wooded. It is all Ponderosa pine in what is termed "pine savanna" which means there is a fair amount of grass and very light underbrush on the course. The newly growing small trees can get very dense and they are in the areas where I have not removed them. This means if you stay from the fairway discs can travel a good distance and then get engulfed in the trees. The larger pines are easy to see and do not have any branches below 25-30 feet. I want to mark some areas or reference points on the course that will help people locate discs in both the tall grass on the fairways and in the small forests that grow next to the fairways. I want something nice as this is city owned course and well supported. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I would think any natural looking but distinctive addition would be nice. If it's all pines, maybe a few Christmas ornaments? :p;)

I've seen a distinctive sunburst placed in a tree at Parma (picture makes it look smaller than it really looks from the tee) that really is a neat way to 'locate' a blind, downhill basket position...

Likely whatever the city tells you is OK, after you have contacted them and asked. At least that is how it would work in city parks around here.

Latest posts