• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Triad area

tom12003

Eagle Member
I'll be passing through the Triad area on Wednesday Nov. 20 with time to hit one course. Two choices are Rock Ridge (Pittsboro) or Buckhorn, both look interesting. Which one?--the established course or the newbie Houck one? I am a weenie armed old phart--distance challenged but accurate in shaping shots in the woods. Which one would be most fun?

You mean the triangle. The triad is winston Salem, Greensboro, and high point

I'd recommend Buckhorn. Not that you need a cannon to play Rock Ridge. Just the established factor.

Could also be convinced to hit the "TRIAD" area. Want to hit that area by next Spring.

Go to the Triangle for sure. Rock Ridge is a ver y solid course but it's still new. Buckhorn is more beat in but it has a few killer water holes. Both are solid choices.

The water holes at Buckhorn aren't that bad. I have a noodle arm, and I rarely lose a disc there. Just lay up on the pond hole. That one will get you.

Rock Ridge from the short pads would be good. Longs turn it into a long, punishing round for lesser arms.

Cedarock and Wellspring. Two courses in one park, gotta be tempting. ;)

You probably can't go wrong with either Buckhorn or Rock Ridge. From your "accurate in shaping shots in the woods" description I'm leaning towards Rock Ridge for you. It's still probably a little rough and might take a little longer to play though.

Well, did you run into our local old fart? Disc_combobulated is out there most days. He's the guy that is tipping over his wimpy little cart or fishing discsff the shoreline!

Latest posts