• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trip to Selah

odysseus81

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
My buddies and I are heading to Selah and staying there for 3 days. Are there any local food joints within a 30 min drive or so, that are worth checking out? Any other general recommendations heading into the trip?

Thanks!

Mi Casita on the south side of 30 off of hwy 37 had some really good TexMex food. The margaritas were just OK but they hit the spot after a long day at the last AM World Doubles.

While you're at Selah make sure to take the 15 minute drive south and play the Trey Texas courses. Those are right up there with Selah's in my opinion.

Daysi's Tacqueria on the I-30 access road, just west of the Mt Vernon exit, on the north side of 30. It's a little sketch, but a damn fine breakfast burrito and super inexpensive. Plus free chips/salsa and BYOB!

20140329_090659.jpg

20140329_085413.jpg

Mi Casita on the south side of 30 off of hwy 37 had some really good TexMex food. The margaritas were just OK but they hit the spot after a long day at the last AM World Doubles.

While you're at Selah make sure to take the 15 minute drive south and play the Trey Texas courses. Those are right up there with Selah's in my opinion.

The Trey Texas courses are definitely worth a visit, but it's worth emphasizing that they're not well maintained right now. When I visited last month the grass was knee high plus on both courses. Still playable, but it made for a lot of frustrating moments, since there are a bunch of open, let it air type holes that will have you searching for your discs. Not trying to deter you, as they're definitely worth visiting, especially since they're so close to Selah - just a fair warning that the courses' conditions are not the best right now, or at least, are unpredictable.

They are indeed going to be amazing courses when they're finished and regularly groomed. Trey Deuce has a crazy-diverse range of holes and terrain, and hole 18 is one of the most memorable (read: memorably intimidating) holes I've ever played. I think Trey Texas will be the better of the two courses: the holes in the woods (7 to ~15) are fantastic. It's a great stretch of golf.

Two Senoritas down the highway a bit in Mt. Pleasant(?)…it was very good.

Trey Duece is def worth a side trip.