• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trophy Only... Trophy or Trophy Disc?

Trophy or Trophy Disc?

• Trophy... I like the little guy on top

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • Trophy Disc... I'm gonna throw it 500' off a cliff you cheap TD

Votes: 42 56.0%

• Total voters

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
Pretty sure this goes in here, but if not, move as needed.

For the 2012 season, to prevent the excessive bagging we have going on in this area, all the sanctioined tournaments I run, the Rec players will be playing for Trophy Only (still receive a players pack... whiners).

Question is: If you were playing for trophy only (which we should be as ams, we're such spoiled bitches) would you prefer having an actual trophy with the info on it, or a trophy disc with artwork and info on it to hang on your wall (or throw I guess)?

As an am if I had the option of more than one tournament I would skip the trophy only one and play somewhere else.
But if I was playing it I think I would prefer the trophy disc.

Trophy for sure. I'm not a big fan of trophy discs unless they are wood or metal but I prefer a trophy or a plaque

As an am if I had the option of more than one tournament I would skip the trophy only one and play somewhere else.
But if I was playing it I think I would prefer the trophy disc.

for MA1 and MA2 they will be getting paid out in plastic. This is encouraging the 2 dozen people who score well enough to cash in MA2 to move out of MA3 and let new players who actually play Rec level to compete for a win.

Frankly, I'd be happy not to have a Rec division at all, but there's always someone who doesn't think they can beat one guy in their division and want something lower...

In any division, I'd prefer a trophy disc to a trophy. I'm not going to display either, but the trophy disc flies better. It's actually kinda' fun to throw a trophy disc and be reminded of the win when I throw it.

Besides, if this works and the players move up, I think a Rec division trophy will have less and less and less value to them.

Frankly, I'd be happy not to have a Rec division at all, but there's always someone who doesn't think they can beat one guy in their division and want something lower...

I'm all for this ^
My only problem with a trophy only division is that regardless of what level someone competes at it still costs them a lot of money, travel, registrations, food, etc, so there isn't a lot of motivation to attend.

I'm all for this ^
My only problem with a trophy only division is that regardless of what level someone competes at it still costs them a lot of money, travel, registrations, food, etc, so there isn't a lot of motivation to attend.

...unless they move up

One can always get discs but a trophy will look nice in my ego room. err I mean garage.

In any division, I]'d prefer a trophy disc to a trophy. I'm not going to display either, but the trophy disc flies better. It's actually kinda' fun to throw a trophy disc and be reminded of the win when I throw it.

Besides, if this works and the players move up, I think a Rec division trophy will have less and less and less value to them.

Sorry but most people have a set bag and if your going to throw a trophy disc then you are doing this just to show off.
Or you could do a traveling trophy and a disc on the trophy

Undecided. Could the trophy be a really good deli sandwich?

What about a pre-picked prize package with lighter weight or more beginner friendly discs for the rec division? This would encourage the baggers to move up and still reward those that are new to the sport.

I don't need a trophy to commemorate my victories, I'll just get another V tattooed on my forehead like a normal person.

270696_639585974269_184805210_33879630_2910248_n.jpg

Here you go. The best of both worlds. It's a traveling trophy with a disc on top. I get to keep the trophy for a year and then when I go back this year I give it back and keep the disc on top. Also my name and scores are on one of the metal plates.

Trophys suck. Just some piece of crap taking up space. Plastic is cool . If you dont like what you get pass it to someone who would use it. If people are bagging and its known they are bagging then the TD should refuse to let them sign up for lower divisions. I have 2 trophys, 1 i like because it was made by a friend for our local group, the second is sitting some place face down with junk on top of it. Tell open players they dont get to play for cash but some pos trophy and they would be pissed also. Plastic is the ams cash.

Latest posts