• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TruBank Des Moines Challenge

Europeans win in America's heartland.

Lulz at Simon calling out the stump.

OK... now I can eat dinner.

Last edited:
A classic no one deserved to lose playoff. Good fun. I laughed when Terry called out the internet saying someone would criticize Burridge's decision to lay up.

I wasn't too thrilled about this event, but there are some really well designed holes.

Yeah, the pros shred several of the holes, but my view of this course has changed.

I wasn't too thrilled about this event, but there are some really well designed holes.

Yeah, the pros shred several of the holes, but my view of this course has changed.

I have played the course and it is outstanding. Funny how watching, the top in the sport shred a course, can make it look rather pedestrian.

I guess it is just demonstration of how good these guys are. I really try hard, not to make judgement on courses, based on watching pro play. It does not have much to do with my game.

Performance Tracks

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DMC2022TracksFPO.png
    DMC2022TracksFPO.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DMC2022TracksMPO.png
    DMC2022TracksMPO.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 153
I'm glad to hear that tournament coverage changed your view on this course. It's an outstanding course which I reviewed recently, and it's one of my favorite courses. It's definitely worth checking out if you're near Des Moines.

I'm glad to hear that tournament coverage changed your view on this course. It's an outstanding course which I reviewed recently, and it's one of my favorite courses. It's definitely worth checking out if you're near Des Moines.

Lots of courses are fun to play, but not fun to watch.

But, after watching it this year, I really like the challenges the course offers. It requires some great throws, but also allows the players to make those great throws. #1 doesn't seem to exciting, but the upshot is really challenging and some great putts were made there.

Although I don't understand the double mando on 12--there is no alternate lines so why have a mando? The hole is fun to watch.

Although I don't understand the double mando on 12--there is no alternate lines so why have a mando? The hole is fun to watch.

My guess is that they're trying to prevent the massive spike-hyzer/grenade plinko play that the bomber pros (looking at you, KJUSA) would attempt to try on that hole.

My guess is that they're trying to prevent the massive spike-hyzer/grenade plinko play that the bomber pros (looking at you, KJUSA) would attempt to try on that hole.

I agree that is likely the reason, but my thinking is if a few select players have a skill that others do not, why can't they be rewarded for that on one hole? Course the reality is even that is a risky shot which honestly brings bogey into play as well, so it is just a different risk/reward play.

Plus, I think viewers and especially spectators enjoy these (as much as the camera can follow them), so I think they should get rid of those 'eliminate the spike hyzer' forced mandos.

Latest posts