• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Stats (as of Feb. 2009)

t i m

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
For my own amusement, I dropped all the trusted reviewers into a spreadsheet to see what demographic stats emerged. This is just a very basic look, but I was curious:

As of Feb. 03, 2009, there are:
  • 56 Trusted Reviews
  • 4 are Gold reviewers (Innovadude, The Valkyrie Kid, Olorin and jaymon1)
  • 11 are Silver reviewers (FoleyT, DGtourist, ERicJ, timg, ZMan44, JR Stengele, Donovan, denny ritner, gwillim, cc0049 and t i m)
  • 41 are Bronze reviewers

TR Averages:
  • 51 reviewers listed as male; 4 without a gender status; 1 female (nexanimal)
  • Average age is 32.92 years old
  • Average years playing is 8.27
  • Average DGCR number is 925.71
  • Average PDGA number is 26117.88 (only 26 people list PDGA numbers)
  • Average player rating is 925.95 (only 19 people list ratings)
  • Average number of reviews is 31.14
  • Average number of courses played is 56.96

TR Timelines:
  • Youngest TR is radsnowsurfer in Portland, OR, age 18
  • Oldest TR is The Valkyrie Kid in Puyallup, WA, age 57
  • Shortest time playing is YonderScott in Huntersville, NC, playing 0.6 years
  • Longest time playing is The Valkyrie Kid, playing 30.7 years
  • Earliest member of DGCR to be a TR is, obviously, timg (DGCR member #1)
  • Most recent member of DGCR to be a TR is craigg (DGCR member #3247)

TR Highs and Lows:
  • Lowest PDGA number of a TR is craigg, #4010
  • Highest PDGA number of a TR is JR Stengele, #37977
  • Lowest PDGA rating of a TR is ERicJ, at 865
  • Highest PDGA rating of a TR is craigg, rated 1000 (one of only two 1000+ rated players on the board, the other being smitcraft)
  • Greatest number of courses marked played is Doktor John, with 228 courses
  • Least number of courses marked played is a tie between nexanimal and Hamilton, having played 10 courses each.

TR Course Review Stats:
  • Most course reviews written by a gold TR: Innovadude, 136 reviews
  • Least course reviews written by a gold TR: jaymon1, 51 reviews
  • Most course reviews written by a silver TR: FoleyT, 82 reviews
  • Least course reviews written by a silver TR: t i m, 22 reviews
  • Most course reviews written by a bronze TR: bazkitcase5, 45 reviews
  • Least course reviews written by a bronze TR: three way tie with 10 reviews apiece (nexanimal, Hamilton, and nygfaninva)

Trusted Reviewers are spread across 21 states
  • CA, 3
  • FL, 1
  • GA, 2
  • KY, 3
  • MD, 1
  • MI, 4
  • MO, 1
  • MS, 1
  • NC, 5
  • NY, 2
  • NJ, 1
  • OH, 1
  • OR, 2
  • PA, 3
  • TN, 4
  • TX, 8
  • UT, 1
  • VA, 3
  • WA, 3
  • WI, 1
  • WY, 3
  • unlisted, 3

The TR 100% Club:
(Trusted Reviewers who have rated 100% of the courses they have played.)
  • FoleyT (82/82)
  • jaymon1 (51/51)
  • Donovan (42/42)
  • Godard (32/32)
  • 164StarValkyrie (30/30)
  • upfromtheashes (18/18)
  • nexanimal (10/10)
  • Hamilton (10/10)

A few other reviewers get honorable mention for being 90%+ on their reviews vs. courses played:
  • sidewinding at 98% (39/40)
  • Texconsonite at 97% (38/39)
  • Bevo at 97% (29/30)
  • ERicJ at 96% (52/54)
  • MattK at 95% (36/38)
  • gcoghill at 94% (17/18)
  • cc0049 at 92% (36/39)
  • valkyriefb11 at 92% (12/13)
  • ZMan44 at 90% (47/52)

That's all the data for this time around. If I get bored in a few months (or if someone else wants to do this), you'll get your next set of Trusted Reviewer statistics. I'm sure almost no one cares, but for those of us who are statistics dorks, it's fun to see.

What surprised me most is that so few TRs are PDGA members or PDGA rated. Most of the serious reviews on this board either chose not to fill out their full profiles or aren't Association-affiliated in any way. I expected most of the diehards who are filling out a bunch of course reviews to be PDGA folks... thoughts?

Wow! I love stats!!! It almost makes me want to start up a Fantasy League for Reviewing Courses.

That was a fun read bro! Thanks for taking the time on that!

Cool stuff! :)

I have a PDGA # but am no longer a member.

This is great. I'm even more inspired to acheive TR status. I need to get out of the isolation in San Diego and play some more courses.

t i m, nice stats. I like it.

Lowest PDGA rating of a TR is ERicJ, at 865

timg, I thought you had the site set to automatically update the PDGA ratings. The new numbers came out Jan 26, why didn't they update?

I'm 870 now BTW. :eek: Shocking I know. But I'm being held down by some pretty lousy rounds that I played a year ago when I'd just started playing. Those rounds should drop off my rating with the next release and I'll take a nice jump up I think. I'm probably playing more like 910-915 golf right now.

ERic

The stat auto-updates when you go to your dashboard. I set some time limit between updates so if you last updated on Jan. 25th, it wouldn't auto-update again for another 30 days. To force an update you can either uncheck the rating auto-update box, click submit, re-check it, click submit. You can also remove and re-enter your PDGA #.

what about, "trusted reviewer avg. score"?

lol, JK

good stuff though, its cool to see random stats like that.

good work...i get mentions in all the newb categories, and almost had the shortest time playing...

I have aspirations to beat you Hamilton! I am well on my way, I already have the 10 courses now I just need more than 25 positives!

That's awesome stuff man. I'm glad you put that together, but I don't even want to know how long that took. I'm sure most of us really appreciate the effort!
I would also assume that most of the people on here that are trusted reviewers would also be members of the PDGA. I find that a little surprising too. Although, a lot of people are just casual players, but love the game and just don't take it to that next level. I don't see much reason to be a member of the PDGA except to have a rating. So if you don't play any tournies, then why be a member? I played for over 5 years before I decided I wanted to be more competitive with it. I played my first tournie about 5 months ago and and have 4 under my belt now...one not PDGA sanctioned. I do really feel like playing some tournaments is helping me improve my game.

I am not a member of the PDGA, my reasoning has always been that I live in the middle of nowhere and I don't have many opportunities to partake in tournaments.

Speaking about being in the middle of nowhere, I think you have your WI and WY TR member totals flipped around.

..... and of course, Innovadude has the most courses played. It would just take him a good nights work to fill it all out.

I wish he would.

I have aspirations to beat you Hamilton! I am well on my way, I already have the 10 courses now I just need more than 25 positives!

It takes 50 thumbs ups to get bronze level...just counted you at 23 i think though...

Oh ouch, I thought it was 25. Guess I have some work to do. I just looked at my profile and I see someone game me a thunbs up on every review I did in the last 24 hours. That must have been you.

t i m,
Great stats! love it!

I havent joined the PDGA yet ... I will eventually, but I dont play in many tournaments and to this point Ive supported my local club rather than the PDGA ... Im planning on joining at some point though

I am not a a member of the PDGA...never have been and I probably never will be. Never played in a tourney, and I probably never will. I have been told that I could compete just fine but for me, disc golf is all for recreation and hanging out with friends. I have great respect for the tourney players and have met many of them. It is just not my scene. But I love the sport.

Those stats have inspired me to leave more reviews. I made most of them my first few days as a DGCR member. Then I found the forums!!! But I plan on getting back to the heart and soul of this amazing site.

Latest posts