• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Stats (as of Feb. 2009)

You can't.. that's part of the secret sauce :)

a good idea if by how many single votes you have on your best course. ie for me i know i have at least 17 different voters because that how many helpfuls i have on that course. its not totally accurate but at least you can get an idea.

agreed, but with a flaw: i had assumed once i hit 150 helpfuls i'd be silver, but alas, no...

i had thought that 21 on renny and 20 on idlewild alone would mean that i was over 30 uniques total...guess not...

A suggestion

Hey t i m, next time you do the stats, you could also show who has the highest percentage of helpful votes out of the total number of votes they have.

Say someone has 84 helpful votes and 16 unhelpful votes. Their helpful percentage would be 84%. I think that'd be nice to see; not only who the trusted reviewers are, but who writes the most consistently good reviews.

And by the way, the stats are pretty awesome to see.

Hey t i m, next time you do the stats, you could also show who has the highest percentage of helpful votes out of the total number of votes they have.

Say someone has 84 helpful votes and 16 unhelpful votes. Their helpful percentage would be 84%. I think that'd be nice to see; not only who the trusted reviewers are, but who writes the most consistently good reviews.

I dont have a problem with seeing the stat, but i have to comment on the I put in bold above. A Good or bad review and the Helpful/unhelpful vote it receives dont always match. Write a concise review about some of the course on the top 10 and give it less than a 5 and see what happens.

reviews written about far less know course receive alot less attention but I think tend to get more appropriate helpful/unhelpful voting.

a stat is a stat. The validity of the info that makes it up is another thing.

Tim,
Totally random question. Can someone lose TR status if they get a rush of not helpful votes. For example, I rate Flip City a 1 and get 200 consecutive not helpful votes. That'd push me under the threshold, so would I lose my status?

Tim,
Totally random question. Can someone lose TR status if they get a rush of not helpful votes. For example, I rate Flip City a 1 and get 200 consecutive not helpful votes. That'd push me under the threshold, so would I lose my status?
Yes, you would. Although in most cases if you're a silver or gold the odds of that happening are slim as your helpful vote count is so high.

I do also track unique unhelpful voters although that isn't something I use for anything at the moment but it would be helpful in something like the scenario above should it ever happen. I could just plug that number into the formula so you need over x amount of unhelpful voters or something. That way a single member couldn't do much damage (they can't do much now for the most part unless they're very, very patient).

Last edited:
wow, just realized we cant edit if more than 5 minutes have passed. I just saw my typos lol. urp

I agree Ryan, but I think sometimes an "unhelpful" vote is from a local who doesn't like how their course was reviewed...

I've read what I have thought to be some very "helpful" reviews that were detailed, specific and appeared to be non-vindictive and they have had a number of "unhelpful" votes...

And I've read reviews that were very brief, not specific at all and offered no real insight or tips and they get a bunch of "helpful" votes...

Like beauty, I guess much of it is in the eye of the beholder. :rolleyes:

I travel so much that the reviews that offer specifics are super helpful to determine which courses to hit in an area--even if I don't like the same kind of course that the reviewer does (like technical/wooded vs. wide open "big arm" courses) the spedificity of their observations really "help" me...

Tim,

Craig, i fear that if you rated Flip City a 1--you'd have to enter witness protection :)

Be still my heart....my medal just turned silver wooohoooo

I don't get how y'all can reach the higher levels of Trusted Reviewership (reviewerness? reviewerosity?). I've written a review for almost every course I've played over the past 6 months, but I don't get many votes. After 13 reviews, I have just 18 thumbs up and no thumbs down - maybe the courses I've reviewed don't get much attention on this site? I vote on reviews daily, I guess not many in my area do the same. I see that so many of you have reached TR status - one day I will join the elite ranks. Haha.

I need to stop playing bobo courses. :(

Yes, play the small, off the beaten path courses - many of which are fun - and you end up like me, with 5 reviews and only 8 votes total. I also won't review a course without playing all holes twice or more, and it must be recent. Example: I won't review Pleasure Island in Port Arthur because I haven't been there since Ike, and the time I went after Rita the course config was being changed somewhat due to the hurricanes. Prior to Rita I played it 5-7 times, but that would not be relevant now. When I play it in a couple of weeks, I will review it then. Oh well, the curse of living in a DG dead zone. Verizon can't help me on this.

But, hey, its all for playing when and where its fun. Big or small, championship or recreation - just get out there and chunk it.

Latest posts