• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Stats

I got 10 new ones this weekend, I think I can still get to my goal of 750 by year's end.

I feel so "run of the mill" by comparison... I've only bagged 12 new course for all of 2013.:eek:
Plans to hit maybe 4 more in another month, and some more still when I drive down to FL for the holidays.

Last edited:
problem for me is they're getting further and further away. I hit three courses today in and around lansing.

problem for me is they're getting further and further away. I hit three courses today in and around lansing.

Yup, we drove 1000 miles this weekend to hit our new courses. I was at the same point when we were in Chicago too, long drives to get to anything new. :)

the real reason for moving to Cali comes out...

Let's start a DGCR pool: Where will Mashie move next when he's tapped Cali and bagging more courses becomes too difficult? :p

Last edited:
Good Lord man, but you're prolific! I just realized you've written 63 reviews this year... and there's still about 2.3 months left to go. I've written a total of 92 reviews... since 2009.

Did you find a guide, and get Calebs permision before trying to play it? If not, and you just tried showing up and playing it, then it's your own fault that you didn't get to play it. There are numerous reviews that say that you need a guide and permission to play this course. Even the course page says it's by apointment only.

No, I'm a veteran. I called the day before but they weren't letting anyone play the only day I had available. I was really disappointed!

Good Lord man, but you're prolific! I just realized you've written 63 reviews this year... and there's still about 2.3 months left to go. I've written a total of 92 reviews... since 2009.

I looked back, I've written reviews in every calendar month since I joined in April 2008. :)

I'm just dabbling. Disc Golf - just a part of my life.

Ha, it was actually way easier to get to new courses in IN, MI and WI from Chicago than it is here in SoCal, lots of distance between courses out here.

The good news is any area will be better than the overall conglomeration of 1.5-2.5 disc courses around Chicago . . . I would choose quality over quantity any day . . . even if I am course bagging.

That is no offense to anyone or any particular course but if you look at the average rating of Chicagoland courses compared to other areas it has to be skewed to the low end of things . . . but the one positive with that is . . . you can always choose to play a different course any day of the week.

No, I'm a veteran. I called the day before but they weren't letting anyone play the only day I had available. I was really disappointed!

That is the life of a private course. When you get a chance to see the course, you will realize why they might not have wanted anybody out there at the time. In all honesty we are extremly lucky to ever have the oppertunity to play out there. It is an amazing course on an awesome piece of land.

I wish this website, and today's explosion of courses, was occurring when I was in my twenties and had the time to be like Apdrvya. Instead, I played and recorded hole-by-hole averages for the two or three courses available to me, mostly Grand Woods, and then Hudson Mills. Over 250 rounds at Grand Woods in '96 and '97 are recorded on a spreadsheet.

I wish this website, and today's explosion of courses, was occurring when I was in my twenties and had the time to be like Apdrvya. Instead, I played and recorded hole-by-hole averages for the two or three courses available to me, mostly Grand Woods, and then Hudson Mills. Over 250 rounds at Grand Woods in '96 and '97 are recorded on a spreadsheet.

Yeah. I moved to Ann Arbor in 1987, and played a lot of rounds out at Rolling Hills, waiting for Hudson Mills, etc to open. It was only 9 holes back then, but at least it was a decent, wooded nine.

You must have made it down to Niles for a few rounds. That was a pretty cool course, when it 1st opened. Still is I suppose, I haven't played it in awhile.

Yeah. I moved to Ann Arbor in 1987, and played a lot of rounds out at Rolling Hills, waiting for Hudson Mills, etc to open. It was only 9 holes back then, but at least it was a decent, wooded nine.

You must have made it down to Niles for a few rounds. That was a pretty cool course, when it 1st opened. Still is I suppose, I haven't played it in awhile.

Madeline Bertrand is pretty ancient by today's design standards. Steady Ed design, if I've been informed correctly. Very many easy ace runs there, but still enough punishment off the fairway on the longer holes to present a bit of challenge.

I can see how it was probably close to a world-beater back when it was installed, though. :)