• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.
still working at it myself. i've played all but 3 courses in the St.L area.

guess i need to visit some aunts and uncles abroad to get more courses under my belt :(

still working at it myself. i've played all but 3 courses in the St.L area.

guess i need to visit some aunts and uncles abroad to get more courses under my belt :(
i started to break out of the usual norm that i play adding 3 different washington courses. being i live in oregon, so that was fun. but i don't think that makes a difference in how people receive your reviews.

lately ive been finding myself only updating current course conditions and editing my reviews etc. i always try and upload pics of the courses, if i see they don't have any posted/not fully posted or if it needs an approach shot etc.

when i have to resize photos (HINT HINT tim ya gotta work on an auto resize or increase the kb. size and or pix. size... i know you have the link to pc resizer but im on mac and use photoshop)... OK sorry A.D.D. then i add the arrows and ft and what ever info i can for the course.into the photo. after looking at the photos when i get home it helps me remember the main points of my reviews.

TimG has offered us so many options not only for the review section but the course that we are reviewing!!! That is the NUMBER ONE REASON i joined the site and after seeing everyone's helpful reviews im glad to have joined.

also if reviewing or playing a course i find myself picking up trash and doing anything that can possibly benefit the course that im playing. and i strongly recommend that for everyone to do when they play.

so short story long (no pun lol) i think its ok to update reviews and not everyone can gets the chance to play different courses. play your courses and put your best into that review and always keep all levels of playing skills in mind. i say this because when i 1st started i came to this site to read the reviews and view the pics and made my decisions on if i wanted to play based on my skill level and current course conditions.

just have fun playing, be honest and You'll get there dude. best of luck to you.

Last edited:
i started to break out of the usual norm that i play adding 3 different washington courses. being i live in oregon, so that was fun. but i don't think that makes a difference in how people receive your reviews.

lately ive been finding myself only updating current course conditions and editing my reviews etc. i always try and upload pics of the courses, if i see they don't have any posted/not fully posted or if it needs an approach shot etc.

when i have to resize photos (HINT HINT tim ya gotta work on an auto resize or increase the kb. size and or pix. size... i know you have the link to pc resizer but im on mac and use photoshop)... OK sorry A.D.D. then i add the arrows and ft and what ever info i can for the course.into the photo. after looking at the photos when i get home it helps me remember the main points of my reviews.

TimG has offered us so many options not only for the review section but the course that we are reviewing!!! That is the NUMBER ONE REASON i joined the site and after seeing everyone's helpful reviews im glad to have joined.

also if reviewing or playing a course i find myself picking up trash and doing anything that can possibly benefit the course that im playing. and i strongly recommend that for everyone to do when they play.

so short story long (no pun lol) i think its ok to update reviews and not everyone can gets the chance to play different courses. play your courses and put your best into that review and always keep all levels of playing skills in mind. i say this because when i 1st started i came to this site to read the reviews and view the pics and made my decisions on if i wanted to play based on my skill level and current course conditions.

just have fun playing, be honest and You'll get there dude. best of luck to you.

well (i think) my problem is that disc golf just isn't that big in the st. louis (63031 anyway, a few more courses past that radius) area. i tell whoever i chat with to check out the site, but theres just not that many people to meet (or that many who are serious enough/sober enough to remember to check out the site), and i dont get out to play as much as i'd like to.

i've quadrupled the courses i've ever played in the last 4 months alone (for a total of 14 :rolleyes:), but i'm gonna play 3 more here in the next 2 weeks hopefully, and finish everything within a ~50 mile radius of me, so we'll see how it goes....

Last edited:
Tim, I got my Bronze mini the other day and the bag tag, thanks!!! I was so pumped that I have left 30 more reviews this month alone in hopes of getting silver someday. Then my TR status suddenly disappeared!!!!

Didn't know why, or if this has ever happened to anybody else.

Was it because I left a review for Idlewild and there was nothing left to say and I really didn't want to repeat other good reviews, I mainly just wanted to give it a rating, but then a flurry of thumbs downs came in!!! Same thing for Hornet's Nest. Just wondered if that had anything to do with it.

That's exactly what happened. Your unhelpful to helpful ratio was too high. If your new reviews get some thumbs up you'll get your medal back and it doesn't have any effect on silver, etc. Part of the formula is that your unhelpful votes can't be more than 40% of the helpfuls. You're at around 51% or so.

I see I have made it to...

Bronze Level Trusted Reviewer status!!! Are you still doing the Trusted reviewer mini's???

Thanks, Great site!!!

Josh

Bronze Level Trusted Reviewer status!!! Are you still doing the Trusted reviewer mini's???

Thanks, Great site!!!

Josh

Hey congrats Joshua1972! You are da man bro! ;)

Thanks, Great site!!!

Josh

I recently made it aswell and he told me Im on the list to recieve a Mini. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Something I forgot to add to my PM and hopefully will be seen here incase its not already shipped.

I would like mine signed :eek:

I can see it now... all future TR Minis will come with a certificate of authenticity to help cut down on the black market of fake timg autographs. ;)

Haha.. that'll hopefully take care of all the fakes on eBay ;)

Got Gold?

And then there were five :D

ERicJ
icon_trusted_gold.gif

Looking forward to receiving the elusive timg autographed blue/gold mini to complete the trifecta collection!

ERic

how about some simple tab on the side of the main page where one can see who has achieved what TR status?

i know nothing of bb code or whatever it would take to complie those statistics, but it seems to me there's enough smart heads here to make it happen.

i know someone put that list together either in this thread or another, so why not give that list its own dedicated space and have it update every 48 hours or bi-weekly or whatever?

how about some simple tab on the side of the main page where one can see who has achieved what TR status?

i know nothing of bb code or whatever it would take to complie those statistics, but it seems to me there's enough smart heads here to make it happen.

i know someone put that list together either in this thread or another, so why not give that list its own dedicated space and have it update every 48 hours or bi-weekly or whatever?

You can always use the Member Browse function and check the TR box... or this link:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/mem_browse.php?trusted=1&country=0

But it would be kinda cool to have a "Today's new TRs" box on the main page that got updated at Midnight every night when the totals are tabulated.

ERic

I have no way of telling who became a TR when. It's not something I track. The only reason you have to wait until midnight is that is when the site will do some math to update people's profiles with the activity from that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.