• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying a new putter soon

Put me down for another Magic vote. Get a SS Magic. Nice and tacky for grip, but still plenty of firmness. If you don't like it, you can always just give it to me.

I agree MTNRover and tripp the warlock for sure! Its what a Dx Aviar should feel like!

EASY!

XD_DX_Standard-1.jpg

For all you Magic lovers does the stability change with each firmness? ie. is a sss magic less stable than a medium? because i am looking for a putter with a lot of glide but wont turn and burn and my magnets do that sometimes. so maybe a medium magic?

For all you Magic lovers does the stability change with each firmness? ie. is a sss magic less stable than a medium? because i am looking for a putter with a lot of glide but wont turn and burn and my magnets do that sometimes. so maybe a medium magic?

Very minimal, if anything. Typically the Evolution plastic is a bit more stable than the Sure Grip plastic, but I don't know why anyone would not go with one of the Sure Grip varieties strictly for putting duties. As for medium, it can be a little on the slick side in my opinion. SSS is where I started with Voodoos, but I think SS is my favorite because it still feels nice and tacky but noticeably firmer in the flit plate and rim. I've been putting with a glow Magic for a while now and absolutely love it.

^truth.
Warlock and magic both great ideas, magic being just a blonde C hair more under stable than warlock. Ive tried the whole line up stiffness, SS is best IMO, but i really love using the super glow for t shots.

if you should decide on gateway i have found the organic variety is a bit more firm, ie i use ss wizard but in organic i would get sss

both my wife and I are using DX175 XD+ right now (I also have a CH170 XD+ for approach)
she has a problem with blowing through the chains lately, and also it has too much fade for her
I want something a little more chain grabby, and a little less bouncy when I hit stuff

so I ordered 8ea. of SSS 174 magic, that Marshall St. had on clearance for 4.99 ea.
(they said they are a "little slick" is why they are on clearance)

will these be a good alternative to our XDs?

so I ordered 8ea. of SSS 174 magic, that Marshall St. had on clearance for 4.99 ea.
(they said they are a "little slick" is why they are on clearance)

will these be a good alternative to our XDs?

probably a better alternative than your XD

I recently picked up a sparkle Pure and an EZE Pure. I'm going to pair them with a couple Rhynos and see if a shallower rim helps my putting woes of late.

I tried the Magic, Pure, Magnet and Aviar and then I tried a soft Anode.

I've lowered my score by 4 strokes per round and man just love,

Holds a very nice line in calm and windy conditions.

Latest posts