• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying to Return a Disc...

You left a message, so one call. If the person doesn't call back after a week, it's a clear indication he/she does not care for the disc.

My opinion by way of a recent story in my life...

I found a disc on a course last week. It was down in a creek in the middle of some thick shule. The guys I was playing with and I fished it out, and I called the guy before I finished the round. I got no answer, so I left him a voicemail. A couple of days passed, and I decided to calla again. This time he answered, and said he'd left the disc there on purpose because he didn't want to go down into the creek to get a disc he didn't care much about. He also said he lives an hour or more away from me, so I could just keep it. It was a Star Firebird, and I didn't care much about it either.

Then last weekend I lost a brand new FLX Surge. I'd only had it about a week, and I'd paid a pretty penny for it. I was pissed, especially since it was bright pink and it seemed to have vanished from plain sight. After searching and cussing for a good 20 minutes, I figured I couldn't fight the disc gnomes, and gave up. Then a couple of days later someone called me from that same course to tell me he'd found my disc. He said he'd found it in the lost disc box, but that the lock was broken off the box and he knows people steal discs from there all the time. He even admitted that his own friends were among the disc thieves. I immediately drove to the course to get my disc back, excited that it wasn't lost permanently, and extremely grateful that this teenage kid had gone out of his way to save my disc from his friends' sticky fingers.

I ended up giving him the disc I'd found earlier in the week as a reward for his efforts. I figured the least I could do was give him a disc, and it seemed like the one I'd found was given unto me just for this purpose. He was quite pleased, and I hope is now even more motivated to do another good turn next time he gets the chance. :D

All this is to say you have to at least make the effort. Sometimes the guy ignores your phone calls because he doesn't want the disc back, but you never know until you actually speak to him on the phone. I like the 2-3 voicemails in a week rule. If that doesn't get a call back, the owner probably doesn't want it, so you can consider it yours, at least until he does return your call.

A bright PINK disc huh...that must have been hard to lose. As far as I am concerned if you call, get a good number leave a CLEAR message with your number and you don't hear back from them it is yours. If you want to be really sure call a second time.

Yeah I was amazed I lost it. I chose the color particularly so I wouldn't lose it, and then *poof*. Vanished. I will admit, though, that I threw several discs on the hole where I lost it, so I didn't really keep good track of it. It wasn't like I needed to keep good track of it though. There was no shule in the area. Just tall pines and little green sprouty plants scattered around the ground. No ferns; no thorns; no bushes. Just gnomes.

If you leave a voicemail, make sure to leave your number. When my phone is off or doesnt have reception the missed call doesnt give the person's #. I hate getting the message, I found your disc, give me a call to return it, and dont leave a number.

If you leave a voicemail, make sure to leave your number. When my phone is off or doesnt have reception the missed call doesnt give the person's #. I hate getting the message, I found your disc, give me a call to return it, and dont leave a number.

Most voicemail systems record the number. On AT&T you have to press 5 for the message container and it will give the call time and number. But I agree and always leave a number, if it is not somebody that already has my number.

When my phone is off or doesnt have reception the missed call doesnt give the person's #.
Have you checked to see if you have your voicemail set to short or brief prompts/info? Like the previous poster said, most VM systems will log the incoming number.

This sounds awful but I'm a pretty lazy disc returner. I usually try to return the disc more for my own selfish pride but sometimes I'm just lazy. But, if it is a disc you definitely don't want to keep you can do what I do. If I don't feel like disc sitting I find a spot on the course where no one would look in a million years and I hide the disc there. Then, I just tell the guy where it is via voicemail or whatever.

OK. Will call and leave a message again, then once again next week. No call back by next Friday and she's mine.

FYI - it's a Wildcat and is becoming my staple for headwinds and long drives with a left hook.

I found a disc that I tried to return for months, and they guy just quite returning my calls, so I gave up. Wasn't my kind of disc, so I traded it off.

Still Waiting...

I have had a found disc for about 8 months now, I have actually talked to the guy who lost it.
He wanted me to take it to the lost and found of the course I found it at, but, he only plays there Sundays, and the gym is locked up then.
So I called him back and left a message "if I turn it in, he can't get it"
I called him back a few times now, talked to his mom and left a few messages with her and V.M.
I just want an address so I can mail it off, but, I think he thinks I'm a disc return serial killer or something...
So if any of you guys know Guy Lyman, let me know

OK. Will call and leave a message again, then once again next week. No call back by next Friday and she's mine.

FYI - it's a Wildcat and is becoming my staple for headwinds and long drives with a left hook.

If it does get returned the Wildcat is real similar to the Valkyrie.
I think you can get them in a 150 class

Latest posts