• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tunnelshots Avery Jenkins

This, I love how DGCR "misses the gap" so to speak, just because of who is on the video or what company is behind it. I picked up disc golf right around the time Deep in the Game came out, those vids really helped me develop the right ideas about putting and throwing.

Yeah. We are not the golfers they're looking for. Anyone here going out to buy a Roc now that Avery told you to throw it on tunnel shots?

Practicing a lot on my personal/home course has helped me a ton with tunnel shots and narrow fairways. Many lines are very tight. So, in spite of a lot of the holes being short, it's really helped me a lot, transferring what I learned at home onto other courses with longer holes.

For me, that straight disc is a Star Stingray. I use it out to about 280' or so on open holes. In the woods, though, it's more like 250' on a lower, powered down line. It's amazing how wide playing a lot on 10-15' wide fairways makes playing a 15-20' wide fairway look! It's totally changed my confidence level on wooded holes.

I don't visualize the spot 5-10' in front of me. But otherwise, I'm pretty much doing what A.J. recommended. That makes me feel pretty .

Too late to edit the last line in my post above. It doesn't make me feel pretty. DOH!!!! It makes me feel pretty good!!! Oops!!!

Avery's a really nice guy and from what I've heard, a very good teacher as well. Plus, he has the clean cut, good guy look that make him a great spokesperson for Innova (first) and DG (second). The fact that he's a very, very good overall player, speaking well in a well produced video is nothing but good.

Although, if you watch the video it looks like he's about 2 minutes off of a fat bowl. Maybe the sun is directly in his eyes, and appearances are deceiving me, but my first impression was "dang he looks baked!"

He doesn't smoke, so appearances are deceiving in this case.

Easy to complain and nitpick. These videos didn't cost us anything to watch. Why complain? They are well done and Avery Jenkins is a name people recognize and he would destroy 99.9% of us here on the boards in a round of DG. So thanks to those who put the video together, free of charge, for the rest of us to enjoy.

QFT. Thank you.

in regards to the video I think it was great quality. In fact I wish innova spent more time focusing on this and cornering that part of the market vs sticking their nose in PDGA business...but that is just my 2 cents. This is heads and shoulders above the quality of stuff we currently get with DGPtv and we didn't even have to pay for it.

I'm not exactly sure what you're referencing with the PDGA, but I think funding a whole free video site that drops new, professional content weekly is a pretty big focal point right?

I'm pretty sure it's lcgm8 doing the filming and editing so of course the video quality is going to be outstanding.

It's really not fair to compare a three minute video like this that can be reshot as many times as needed, edited just as much, and then uploaded compared to a live streamed 3+ hour event.

Esa Arokki does the filming in and around Finland. lcgm8 to my knowledge hasn't done a video directly for SpinTV but does get featured often in the "pick of the week" section.

I'm not disagreeing with you on his ability as a teacher or golfer. All I'm mentioning is his "reputation". I've never made an opinion on that as I've never seen him golf in person. On videos I have seen, it does seem he losses his cool on some of the more tightly wooded shots.

I think you actually did "make an opinion" with your first two posts in the thread, just my 2 cents.

DGCR is a bad clique to join as far as judging other people. Don't be one of those people who judges others and adds to the self-fulfilling prophecy of stereotyping.

You don't get 1000-rated by accident, and you don't win a world championship that way either. Just because someone has a particular strength doesn't mean that the antithesis of that strength is automatically a weakness or insurmountable task.

Avery is a cool dude. I've told my Avery experience many times here on DGCR, but needless to say he's a good ambassador for disc golf. I have new players watch "Deep In The Game" all the time.

And this video wasn't bad. But I would have hyzer-flipped something understable...guess that's why I'm not a World Champion

Esa Arokki does the filming in and around Finland. lcgm8 to my knowledge hasn't done a video directly for SpinTV but does get featured often in the "pick of the week" section.
lcgm8 and central coast disc golf have down collaborations and have been released on spin tv's channel.

Nice job Avery!

I'd like to see more actual shots, and some different ways you might go about this. For example, some people can't throw 350 with a flat release on a Roc, or the tunnel is longer than that. I have never forgotten seeing Steve Rico use an understable Patriot to park Hole 11 at Dela, give it a little hyzer and have it flatten out, keep spinning and not ever fully fade out.

I saw that live and it was pretty damn impressive. Then McBeth throws a Roc3 and puts it up there too. What a show off :p

lcgm8 and central coast disc golf have down collaborations and have been released on spin tv's channel.

Correct. I had it backwards. :wall: I thought lcgm8 was the commentary and Central Coast was the filming, but upon looking closer it's lcgm8 (Juha Alkkiomäki) who does the filming and then Central Coast does the commentary.

Soooooooo. Yeah what's up. SpinTV woo!

Correct. I had it backwards. :wall: I thought lcgm8 was the commentary and Central Coast was the filming, but upon looking closer it's lcgm8 (Juha Alkkiomäki) who does the filming and then Central Coast does the commentary.

Soooooooo. Yeah what's up. SpinTV woo!

The 3 clips of the European Open final were made by lcgm8.

He's the man :)

Latest posts